PDA

View Full Version : Near Disaster.

cuddlepop
28-Dec-06, 16:55
Just back from a run out to Glenbrittle with the dog before the dreadfull weather comes back.There's no mobile reception down there so its bliss,but unfortunatly there were four text messages from my youngest to phone her mobile asap.Partner also had messages left so I knew it was serious.
Unfortunatly my youngest managed to set fire to the newspaper she was using to draw the fire on and it caught fire.She panicked and tried to walk through the house with the paper to get it outside and to safety.As you can imagine she didn't make it.there's now a hole in the hall carpet where the paper was eventually stamped on.There are numerous scourge marks in the living room were the paper fell too.
What makes this even more serous is thats its her dads girlfriends house,they've just left to go on holiday and not back till the 3rd and she should never have touched the fire in the first place.:~(
Does anyone see a problem with the insurance.?

Buttercup
28-Dec-06, 17:03
Don't know much about insurance issues - never had a claim - but I wouldn't think there'd be any problem as it was an accident. But there again it depends on the insurance cover she has. Hope everythings goes well though.

Jeemag_USA
28-Dec-06, 17:05
Well I remeber several years back I had a similar problem without coal fire, only I had built the coal up too high and drew the fire up too quickly, when I pulled the paper off the heat in the middle of the fire was so intense the whole thing collapsed in on itself and lots of big pieces of burning coal fell out onto the carpet, I got them all whipped back into the fire as quickly as I could but still left huge scorch marks all over the carpet around the fire. We claimed it on the insurance and got the carpet replaced without a problem.

cuddlepop
28-Dec-06, 17:13
I hope it goes ok because if there's a problem my son will have to pay for it as he was the responsible adult at the time.:~(

percy toboggan
28-Dec-06, 18:40
I know this is totally off topic but there are few phrases that depress me more than 'my dad's girlfriend' or 'my mum's boyfriend'. One of them would undoubtedly be 'my dads boyfriend'. Had to interject here , I hope your insurance claim goes well and I'm sorry this happened. 'Disasters' are relative in scale though and as they go this was not so bad.

cuddlepop
28-Dec-06, 18:46
Percy you haven't meet the girlfriend;)

connieb19
28-Dec-06, 19:03
Maybe tonight you should tell her to leave a couple of taps running, might as well make her visit worthwhile lol. :eek: :lol:

Wish
28-Dec-06, 21:28
That sounds scarey!
Glad your daughter was ok, you could always buy a rug to put over the hole!

XX

Errogie
29-Dec-06, 23:15
How about "A spectacularly violent mini tornado came screaming over the Minch, touched down in Skye, then down the chimney briefly and scattered the modest fire throughout the house. A fire that had only been lit to air the property and keep it fresh and free from damp pending the return of the said parent. Alternatively there was something in the coal which exploded."
Given the weather that has just started and is being predicted it could just be plausible!

EDDIE
30-Dec-06, 00:23
Just back from a run out to Glenbrittle with the dog before the dreadfull weather comes back.There's no mobile reception down there so its bliss,but unfortunatly there were four text messages from my youngest to phone her mobile asap.Partner also had messages left so I knew it was serious.
Unfortunatly my youngest managed to set fire to the newspaper she was using to draw the fire on and it caught fire.She panicked and tried to walk through the house with the paper to get it outside and to safety.As you can imagine she didn't make it.there's now a hole in the hall carpet where the paper was eventually stamped on.There are numerous scourge marks in the living room were the paper fell too.
What makes this even more serous is thats its her dads girlfriends house,they've just left to go on holiday and not back till the 3rd and she should never have touched the fire in the first place.:~(
Does anyone see a problem with the insurance.?

Im sorry but lol i think i six months on and you will see the funny side of it accidents happen and thats what insurance is there for and its the housholders resposibilty to be insured for theses thingsits silly not to be insured for accidents.
You should tell your daughter to stop worrying about it a carpet is easily replaced were persons life isnt and shes better just to tell her dad honestly a if she lies about it just makes things worse if i was her i would text her dad and tell him what happened that way it gives his girlfriend time to cool down before she returns
And at the end of the day your son shouldnt have to pay for it her dads girlfriend was ok to leave them in her house while there were away she should have tooken all this into consideration when she left.

cuddlepop
30-Dec-06, 11:59
Dads going to pick his moment when he tell the girlfriend.He was ok about just glad it wasn't worse.
Errogie I love your vivid imagination,your not a journalist are you;)
Eddie your right we are laughing about it now.The carpet looks like the coal decided to have a wee dance around on it,its so scattered.
Wish,I'm just glad it wasn't worse and she had the presence of mind to try and put it out.I think the dog got singed in the process.
Wonder what will happen fot her New year party piece.:lol:

EDDIE
30-Dec-06, 13:55
Cuddlepop if it makes u better i had a similar experience i was in my girlfriends car in the passengers seat me being a smoker i rolled the window down a couple of inches so i could get rid of the ash out the window rather than in the ash tray and unknown to me when i flicked the ash out the window the wind blown it back in and the ash went down the back of me i didnt relise it until my back felt it was getting warm and when i looked around the fag ash holed the back of the seat there was about 3 to 4 hole and honestly i get i right telling off from girlfriend and i dont like getting rows and believe it or not a seat for car even old car is £1000 and to get it recovered the material alone cost about £300 and to get a second hand car seat with they same color is hard to come buy so in the end it was just left i had to buy a lot of flowers to make up for that one

cuddlepop
30-Dec-06, 14:07
Eddie,poor you, bet the flourists was pleased.:D

Errogie
30-Dec-06, 20:34
Cuddlepop, looks like this episode will just blow over and you'll soon look back on it as one of those bits of family history that are revived every now and then when someone wants to embarass your daughter.
Must be great to have Glenbrittle and the Cuilinns on your doorstep!