PDA

View Full Version : moving to area in april

jmoore23
10-Jan-13, 23:35
Hi all

My husband and I will be moving to Thurso from England for a job relocation. I was hoping to find out some moreinfo of the area. I would like to know if there are any toddler groups in the area or any activities for my one year old son. Also if there were any other clubs for a 28 year old to attend as I would love to meet new people in the area and hopefully form new friendships for myself and my son :)

Many thanks

Josie

cptdodger
11-Jan-13, 00:04
Have a look at this, it is a thread that was further down the list - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?194942-Baby-and-toddler-groups. Good luck with the move !

Angel
11-Jan-13, 00:06
Hiya Josie... If you like theatre you can join the Thurso players... you don't have to act, sing or dance if you don't want to, but if you fancy making set or painting or costume or doing make-up and meeting people it's a good place to start... there are toddler groups in the town too...

Hope this helps

Angel...

mi16
11-Jan-13, 11:11
be prepared for lot and lots of nothing to do, oh and rain and of couse wind

Serenity
11-Jan-13, 12:43
be prepared for lot and lots of nothing to do, oh and rain and of couse windPlenty to do. Just get outside. And I would say we have had better luck with weather recently than a lot of England.

kev the wicker
11-Jan-13, 13:29
the people of caithness are a friendly bunch so making new friends wont be a problem,as for things to do i think you will find it quite quiet compared to where you are now......there are plenty of pubs around lol....good luck with the move,hope all goes ok for you and welcome to gods country for when you get here...kev

mi16
11-Jan-13, 13:49
you will be able to find a suitable home for sale at a knockdown price no problem, thats for sure.
I wonder why that may be?

bcsman
11-Jan-13, 14:03
Good luck with the move and im sure you will settle down alright.
There are many groups to join and plenty of activities to do and you will make alot of new friends,just ignore the negative people with the bad attitude comments,life is what you make it.
Welcome anyway :)

Hi all

My husband and I will be moving to Thurso from England for a job relocation. I was hoping to find out some moreinfo of the area. I would like to know if there are any toddler groups in the area or any activities for my one year old son. Also if there were any other clubs for a 28 year old to attend as I would love to meet new people in the area and hopefully form new friendships for myself and my son :)

Many thanks

Josie

starfish
11-Jan-13, 15:20
good luck with the move, caithness has lots to do if you want to do it ignore the negative comments if people are not happy here i say move but then some people are never happy

Kodiak
11-Jan-13, 15:23
http://i.imgur.com/x8wd4.jpg

linnie612
11-Jan-13, 15:25
Is this a new bear?

Welcome to Caithness, Josie! :)

Kodiak
11-Jan-13, 15:37
Yes this a new bear as I am on a different computer. A new laptop that I was given for Christmas. I will still use the other Bear when I am on the PC. So each Computer has its oen Bear to welcome new members. :D

linnie612
11-Jan-13, 15:39
Santa was good to you! :)

Corrie 3
11-Jan-13, 16:59
Welcome Josie and I hope the move goes well for you and your Family!

Corrie.

jmoore23
12-Jan-13, 15:45
Thank you all for your kind wishes :) Sounds like a nice area already. Kodiak the bear looks really good and thank you for the warm welcome. I will be heading up at the beginning of Feb with the Family to look around and try and find a new place to call home :)

kev the wicker
12-Jan-13, 18:14
hi again would you be interested in a 3 bedroom house on a farm about 8 miles from thurso....obviously being on a farm it is out in the country but not too far out if you have kids there is a bus for reay primary and one for thurso high school....pm me or tell me on here if you are interested and i will pm you the phone number for the farmer...rent is cheap( i was paying £50 a week)...hope this helps....good luck

vwgolf
12-Jan-13, 20:21
Good luck with the move, Reay primary best in the county !!!!!!!

david
12-Jan-13, 20:28
Hi all

Many thanks

Josie

There must be many more jobs in England than here. One less here now I guess. good luck.

jmoore23
12-Jan-13, 21:46
That would be really useful dont know how ro pm could you send me a pm?

jmoore23
12-Jan-13, 21:51
My husband works for CNC which is a police force which looks after Dunreay. We are being transferred up there from Harwell in Oxford so a big change but everyone seems friendly and helpful already. Looking forward to meeting the kind residents in Feb :D

cptdodger
13-Jan-13, 00:54
There must be many more jobs in England than here. One less here now I guess. good luck.

Like a lot of people David, Josie's husband was probably not given the choice as to where his next post was going to be. I know that's how I ended up here - not by choice, but because my partner was relocated by his company - at that point, it was either move or be out of a job.

cptdodger
13-Jan-13, 01:00
My husband works for CNC which is a police force which looks after Dunreay. We are being transferred up there from Harwell in Oxford so a big change but everyone seems friendly and helpful already. Looking forward to meeting the kind residents in Feb :D

You do'nt have to defend your reasons for moving here to anybody Josie ! If you want to send a pm to somebody, just click on their name, and it will give you the option to send a private message to that person. Hope that helps, and good luck again with the move !!

kev the wicker
13-Jan-13, 13:20
i will pm you the details soon ok...once again best wishes.

_Ju_
13-Jan-13, 19:22
be prepared for lot and lots of nothing to do, oh and rain and of couse wind
There are only things to do (anywhere in the world) if you have interests. if your interests run toward a very active night life, varied ethnic restaurants and/or all night cinemas, then you obviously need to make use of the A9, southerly direction.