PDA

View Full Version : Buses

outsider
27-Dec-06, 22:21
Hi, Im not to good with the buses that run from Thurso to Wick and I was planning on going through for look tomorrow...does any1 know where they depart and at what times...im looking to go through between 12 and 2pm...and coming back about 4.

Jo.b
27-Dec-06, 22:34
ha ha ha..........buses Thurso to Wick???????? You'll be lucky, only time i ever wanted to go by bus as i didn't have the car, i checked out all the times on the internet, got everything timed perfect, even arrived 10mins to the bus stop before the due time (just incase it was early), and i waited, and waited, and waited.................for so long it was now past an hour and i started to think if i walk away now the next bus is surely gonna come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO, luckily a friend drove past heading for Wick and gave me a lift. Good luck on your travels, hope you get on better than my only experience!:eek:

Stumurf
27-Dec-06, 22:46
i usually get the bus leaving thurso at the bus stop just outside of the school.. a lttle closer to town than the train station.

you can get it closer, but someimes i have seen the bus come out of the side street instead of coming up from the square... so it seems to be pot luck on the driver getting a little lost. i have never missed a bus fom the school bus stop though. as for before then i have no idea, i guess you can catch it just before the traffic lights that are at the bend just outside of suters as theres usually a lot of people stood there.

as for wick, i usually get the bus stood on the bridge just outside of town as its the best viewpoint in town to wait for it, its first stop is somerfields, you cant miss the bus stop as you leave the store.

its the number 82 service i am refering to here.

it leaves thurso at 25 past the hour, not sure its first stop is but it gets to the school busstop i mentioned above about 25 to the hour.

it will then leave wick at 15-10 or 16-35 from somerfields, not sure why the huge gap...

its on here ... http://www.rapsons.com/june06/AreaK2.pdf

page 7, but you need adobe acrobat reader to view the file.

i think there are a few other services you can use but thats the one i always use.

start here at http://www.rapsons.com (http://www.rapsons.com/june06/AreaK2.pdf) to find other servces...

Happy Traveling.

outsider
27-Dec-06, 23:46
thanks very much..i know this is a stupis question but do u have 2 pay in advance...or do u just show up..and also how much is it?????

:eek:

Piglet
27-Dec-06, 23:48
you pay once you get on the bus. don't know the price.

outsider
27-Dec-06, 23:50
Ok thanks!
Im scared...buses dont like me...eek!!
Oh well I shall hav a go and if it dusnt work out...I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?????

chamb
28-Dec-06, 00:14
if you dont like buses then try a car pool

Fran
28-Dec-06, 02:44
how about the train. the train from inverness goes to thurso then to wick but i dont know about the times. i have gone wick to thurso on the train. You could also get the inverness bus from thurso to wick which are more comfortable than the local buses. the tourist office has all the timetables or you can get them on here.

rockchick
28-Dec-06, 07:31
how about the train. the train from inverness goes to thurso then to wick but i dont know about the times. i have gone wick to thurso on the train. You could also get the inverness bus from thurso to wick which are more comfortable than the local buses. the tourist office has all the timetables or you can get them on here.
Are the trains running to Wick yet? I thought the track was damaged at Bilbster after the flooding recently.

Fran
28-Dec-06, 13:38
Trains from wick have been running a while now.