PDA

View Full Version : garden incinerators

Dman
08-Jan-13, 20:53
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Highland council allow garden incinerators, i.e the type that look like a garden bin, only on legs and with a small chimney, it would just be used for burning paper, leaves and maybe twigs from the garden.

Slickly
08-Jan-13, 22:01
Does anyone know if the Highland council allow garden incineratorsI suspect the Highland Council knows. Try them.

rogermellie
08-Jan-13, 22:09
not a problem, we got one from Birons, and it's been well used.

(just make sure your neighbours don't have the washing out !)

Dman
08-Jan-13, 22:10
cheers mate that was going to be my next port of call 2moro

Dadie
08-Jan-13, 22:47
Please be considerate about neighbours washing when you use it and wind direction incase of lots of smoke when first lit (smoke going across the road is bad!).
But yes they are OK for garden waste/paper but not plastics etc....evenings are more accepted than dry days for burning :)

Rheghead
09-Jan-13, 00:09
If your hobby is ceramics/pottery then these things make an interesting kiln for a glaze with really wonderful results.

badger
09-Jan-13, 18:10
Why go to all the bother and pollution of burning items which could just go into any composter with weeds and vegetable rubbish from the kitchen? I've never managed to get any compost out of mine as it just seems to disappear. If you have room for an incinerator you probably have room for a couple of plastic compost bins. Larger paper like newspapers, magazines can be recycled.

mi16
09-Jan-13, 18:25
As others have said, why not recycle the waste rahter than polluting the planet?
You will also save yourself the cost of purchasing an incinerator, the hassle of disposing of the ash and unburnt material and also the neighbours getting annoyed with you.

billmoseley
09-Jan-13, 19:50
Why not just have a bonfire much more fun i think

south view 7
10-Jan-13, 20:35
Why don"t you use your blue & brown recycling bins???

rogermellie
11-Jan-13, 11:20
agree with the recycling issue, we use ours for thick twigs and branches, but there's just something about burning things in the incinerator ... it's great !!

Rheghead
11-Jan-13, 13:34
If you've got garden rubbish then take it down the tip the next time you're passing. These new biomass power plants will need the fuel.