PDA

View Full Version : The portland arms hotel

andrew.bowles30
06-Jan-13, 00:34
I WISH TO THANK ALL THE CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN VERY LOYAL TO THE HOTEL AND HAVE BEEN AS OFTEN AS THEY COULD AND THANKS TO THE STAFF THAT HELPED ME THIS YEAR.
THE HOTEL WILL CLOSE ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND WILL STAY CLOSED TILL THEY CAN FIND SOMEONE TO RUN IT AND IT NEEDS SOMEONE WITH PASSION FOR THE HOTEL AND AREA AND MOST OF ALL MONEY I WILL MISS IT THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT :lol:

Rangers1
06-Jan-13, 03:33
I will miss the hotel very very much how sad

BRIE
06-Jan-13, 12:07
Andy you should be commended for your efforts to try & keep the place open, you were up against alot of hurdles with very little support from the locals.Good luck with your other businesses.
Rangers1 had you been drinking??!!

Slickly
06-Jan-13, 12:18
with very little support from the locals.Oh here we go again: blame the locals for someone else's failure.

SK015
06-Jan-13, 12:30
Oh here we go again: blame the locals for someone else's failure.Nothing do do with the locals just look how he treated The Locals.How many things has he tried and they all close down after a Short period .Wick Airport Cafe springs to mind,

andrew.bowles30
06-Jan-13, 17:11
Nothing do do with the locals just look how he treated The Locals.How many things has he tried and they all close down after a Short period .Wick Airport Cafe springs to mind,

hear we go stick a knife in come tell me to ma face no just do it on hear for you info it was my wife that ran the cafe at air port and we have traded at our guest house for 3 years now and yes i had berridale cafe which i did not close it was the choice of the estate my other place well i stayed for 5 years and hey im back in it and by the way i never blamed the locals ever i had great support but the rates and other costs out way the imcomings so get out now while i can and it makes good management when you see the full pics the place is leeking every ware and the company may want to do it while no one is in they have 2 possibles for it and i wish them well if they take it as i love the hotel and lybster that is why i have made it my home as ive made lots of great mates hear
oh and by the way us yorkshire lads dont give up we get up and start again and again :lol::cool:[evil]

Slickly
06-Jan-13, 21:52
hear we go stick a knife in come tell me to ma face no just do it on hear for you info it was my wife that ran the cafe at air port and we have traded at our guest house for 3 years now and yes i had berridale cafe which i did not close it was the choice of the estate my other place well i stayed for 5 years and hey im back in it and by the way i never blamed the locals ever i had great support but the rates and other costs out way the imcomings so get out now while i can and it makes good management when you see the full pics the place is leeking every ware and the company may want to do it while no one is in they have 2 possibles for it and i wish them well if they take it as i love the hotel and lybster that is why i have made it my home as ive made lots of great mates hear oh and by the way us yorkshire lads dont give up we get up and start again and again :lol::cool:[evil]What made you leave Bridlington ?

andrew.bowles30
06-Jan-13, 23:39
the way it was going and to me it was like i was coming home with the welcome i got from locals in lybster

andrew.bowles30
06-Jan-13, 23:41
any way once again thankyou all for coming to the portlands it has been my love to have run this hotel and hope they find someone that can take it on but remember if you whant to do it have deep pockets but it will reward you

Tavendale
07-Jan-13, 00:48
Haters gonna hate.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you find something else to move onto.

cuthill
07-Jan-13, 02:15
Well you did try hard,and i witnessed you working from 6.30 in the morning till after 12 at night so all the best for your next venture xxxx

BRIE
07-Jan-13, 12:23
Nothing do do with the locals just look how he treated The Locals.How many things has he tried and they all close down after a Short period .Wick Airport Cafe springs to mind,

Lol:lol: Sorry this made me laugh, so if you leave or sell an establishment its treating the locals badly??? maybe if the locals supported the businesses more they would have no need to close! I know that Andy hasnt closed his doors just for this reason there were other factors too, but more custom would of helped.
& why is it always the same members who try to dig the knife in or put people down on these threads do they think they could do a better job, well if so why arent they getting off their backsides & doing it!!![evil]

Slickly
07-Jan-13, 12:51
maybe if the locals supported the businesses more they would have no need to close!

Other than actually staying in the hotel in a room overnight (which is hardly plausible), the only way 'locals' could support this is to buy alcohol and basic food in a tatty bar and restaurant area.

And why is it that locals are expected to 'support' this sort of place - what happened to freedom of choice ?