PDA

View Full Version : Listen to Deemac

Deemac
27-Dec-06, 13:14
Chaps,
Thought it was time I put my money where my mouth is and let you have a listen to one of my latest efforts (Stars Burn). Any comments most welcome.

I am also looking for someone to add some guitar parts. (Probably fairly heavy power chords and the odd bit of flash!!) Also real bass along with the synthetic bass.

Any takers? PM me.

Visit this link for a listen.

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtrack.php?trackid=51914
(Pick Hifi play option and turn volume slider right up)

Jeemag_USA
27-Dec-06, 14:17
I didn't see the thead before I PM'd you I should have patsed what I said in here ;)

Anyway, power chords wow, I don't hear power chords in that but I didn't compose it. Its a really beautiful track Deemac, you did an awesome job on it, great arrangement and great melody.

I hear acoustic guitar melody though when I think of putting guitar into it, kind of classical and melodic played on a steel string or classical guitar. And like I said if on Electric guitar, something that kind of follows the higher sounding synth melody that goes behind the piano.

Make sure you let us here it if you add more to it .Well done!

Kev_Plastic_Food
27-Dec-06, 16:34
Chaps,
Thought it was time I put my money where my mouth is and let you have a listen to one of my latest efforts (Stars Burn). Any comments most welcome.

I am also looking for someone to add some guitar parts. (Probably fairly heavy power chords and the odd bit of flash!!) Also real bass along with the synthetic bass.

Any takers? PM me.

Visit this link for a listen.

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtrack.php?trackid=51914
(Pick Hifi play option and turn volume slider right up)

Enjoyed that, sounds good. PM sent.

Metalattakk
27-Dec-06, 17:25
Instead of adding guitar powerchords, I hear it stripped down a bit - some of the drum parts are busy, and some of the bass too - too poppy in my personal opinion.

I'd like to hear it stripped down to keyboard wash with a sweeping bass, and keeping the vocals (which are the stand-out for me) as they are.

I see it becoming an almost orchestral, haunting, ethereal piece. As Jeemag_USA said, an acoustic guitar instrumental part would then top it off perfectly.

Good job though, Deemac!

*Applauds*

Sporran
27-Dec-06, 18:14
I love it, Deemac! :D Beautiful, flowing melody, and fantastic vocals!

I'm not sure that you really need to add any other instrumentals to it - I like it just the way it is! :cool:

zebedy
27-Dec-06, 18:53
vocals blew me away!

that u deemac?

Deemac
27-Dec-06, 20:27
Zebedy,
Guilty as charged. Aided with some dudicious editing and studio technology. As X-Factor proves anybody can sing!!

vocals blew me away!

that u deemac?

Deemac
27-Dec-06, 20:30
Sporran,
Thanks for your kind words. Not my primary area, but most comments seem to like the vocal performance. Glad you liked it.

I love it, Deemac! :D Beautiful, flowing melody, and fantastic vocals!

I'm not sure that you really need to add any other instrumentals to it - I like it just the way it is! :cool:

Deemac
27-Dec-06, 20:33
Metalattakk,
Good to hear all the different ideas. THe general idea is for an albums worth of stuff, so maybe a remix version etc in the future.

Instead of adding guitar powerchords, I hear it stripped down a bit - some of the drum parts are busy, and some of the bass too - too poppy in my personal opinion.

I'd like to hear it stripped down to keyboard wash with a sweeping bass, and keeping the vocals (which are the stand-out for me) as they are.

I see it becoming an almost orchestral, haunting, ethereal piece. As Jeemag_USA said, an acoustic guitar instrumental part would then top it off perfectly.

Good job though, Deemac!

*Applauds*

Jeemag_USA
27-Dec-06, 21:13
Metalattakk,
Good to hear all the different ideas. THe general idea is for an albums worth of stuff, so maybe a remix version etc in the future.

I like that idea. My wifes cousin's husband is a mixer and vocalist, he is african american and heavily into R&B, The main track for the EP i am working on just now, he is going to do a rapped vocal in part for part of it. When the song is complete I am going to give him the whole project to take to his studio and let him remix it R&B dance style and add it to the EP, thats always fun!

If your ever interested in letting someone unknown remix one of your tracks really well, let me know, his name is Damon Johnson and he would love the challenge. He would need each part of the song saved as WAV and it would not be given to anyone else, he would work his magic on it and send it back. He can do it in the style of your choosing, R&B, Hip Hop, Dance, House, Breakbeat whatever.

Jim :cool:

zebedy
28-Dec-06, 01:05
deemac thats awesome.. listened to it now a good 5 times!

would love to do sum work with u sumday!

awesome tune!

canuck
28-Dec-06, 02:02
I shall summon my courage to speak before the real musicians. I agree that a guitar would add to the whole. But I think that I would like the piece better without the lyrics. I think that the instrumental component could stand on its own because it is so dynamic.

Deemac
28-Dec-06, 03:12
Canuck,
As I mentioned on the Songramp site the track originated as an instrumental piece. Couldn't resist having a go at some vocal pyrotechnics and push some personal boundries!! I've used the instrumental version as backing music to some 3D modelling animations. Always looking for some different angles with a tracks use. Thanks for your views though and sometimes a non-musicians perspectives can prove more revealing.

I shall summon my courage to speak before the real musicians. I agree that a guitar would add to the whole. But I think that I would like the piece better without the lyrics. I think that the instrumental component could stand on its own because it is so dynamic.

canuck
28-Dec-06, 03:49
I neglected to say that I really, really like it. :)

Jeemag_USA
28-Dec-06, 05:22
Agree with deemac, its more often important to hear critique from listeners rather than musicians because at the end of the day you make music for listeners not musicians. ;)

Deemac
28-Dec-06, 13:23
Well thanks Canuck, you pay the ultimate compliment.

For you, I have suceeded in most musicians goals by moving someone else emotionally in a positive way.

I neglected to say that I really, really like it. :)

Bobinovich
28-Dec-06, 23:00
Well Deemac that's not half bad! That could easily have been a Frame number - shame it wasn't around 15 or so years ago [lol]!

I agree with one of the comments left on the songramp site that it sounds quite Howard Jones'ish, and also like many others here, I don't think you really need to do anything to it.

Quite surprised at the vocals, considering you refused to do any with the aforementioned trio - you could at least have taken some of the flack away from my appalling backing attempts :eek:.

Deemac
29-Dec-06, 02:42
Bobinovich,
Thanks for your kind words.

I was far too busy trying to keep up with the sequenced backing to even think about vocals back then. Also I was also much too self conscious (spelling!) then to even consider such a further diversion. Electronic Simmons kits were far too ruthless. . . . . .

As you say if it was only 15 years ago!!:confused

Well Deemac that's not half bad! That could easily have been a Frame number - shame it wasn't around 15 or so years ago

I agree with one of the comments left on the songramp site that it sounds quite Howard Jones'ish, and also like many others here, I don't think you really need to do anything to it.

Quite surprised at the vocals, considering you refused to do any with the aforementioned trio - you could at least have taken some of the flack away from my appalling backing attempts.

Chobbersjnr
30-Dec-06, 02:20
Well Deemac that's not half bad! That could easily have been a Frame number - shame it wasn't around 15 or so years ago [lol]!

Quite surprised at the vocals, considering you refused to do any with the aforementioned trio - you could at least have taken some of the flack away from my appalling backing attempts :eek:.

appaling backing attempts you wanna hear his (Deemac's) backing attempts in the whisky outfit mwhahaha (& mine.......)

the Stars Burn is purdy darn late 80s-90s in sound & that's hardly surprising knowing the author. Although I do think you're all talking nonsense................what it needs is.................a ukelele, a banjo bass & a kazoo with the vocal being sung through a megolaphonical thingumajiggy

there instant number one

MWAHAHAHAHA see ya Sunday D.

Jeemag_USA
30-Dec-06, 02:42
appaling backing attempts you wanna hear his (Deemac's) backing attempts in the whisky outfit mwhahaha (& mine.......)

the Stars Burn is purdy darn late 80s-90s in sound & that's hardly surprising knowing the author. Although I do think you're all talking nonsense................what it needs is.................a ukelele, a banjo bass & a kazoo with the vocal being sung through a megolaphonical thingumajiggy

there instant number one

MWAHAHAHAHA see ya Sunday D.

I think your a little off the mark with the Kazoo to be honest, sure you don't mean tissue paper and a comb, thats what I hear in my head anyway. Now where did I put my beer?

Chobbersjnr
30-Dec-06, 03:10
I think your a little off the mark with the Kazoo to be honest, sure you don't mean tissue paper and a comb, thats what I hear in my head anyway. Now where did I put my beer?

off the mark not at all, you obviously havn't come to love the gentle soothing tones of the kazoo.................ach there's time for ye yet

I was actually thought about suggesting a comb & paper section...............but I thought it a bit to arty farty hehehe

I also thought of a jaws harp

Saveman
30-Dec-06, 03:15
Weeeeelllllll..........I've thrown in my oar, but I've no idea how it's gonna sound to the mystical "third person" ;)............stuck in a bit of power chords and a bit of lead, tried to be subtle........but I'm sure Deemac will give us his verdict in time.....I'm not afraid of criticism......:D

Jeemag_USA
30-Dec-06, 04:36
off the mark not at all, you obviously havn't come to love the gentle soothing tones of the kazoo.................ach there's time for ye yet

I was actually thought about suggesting a comb & paper section...............but I thought it a bit to arty farty hehehe

Aye well thats me artsy fartsy, I am into all that kind of high falutin stuff like oil drums and hollow logs and of course the old twanging a ruler off the dining table, can't beat it, its very surreal!

Deemac
02-Jan-07, 16:23
Its official now - public knowledge (well at thurso's hogmanay street party anyway). Chobbers was credited as band kazoo player during the introductions by the compare (now i wonder who feed him this little gem?).

I did give a little chuckle at this bit!!

Go Chobbers GO . . . . .:)

Deemac
04-Jan-07, 00:30
What Chobbers - No rebuff?

Must be mixing/producing ANOTHER album . . . . .!!:D

Gleber2
04-Jan-07, 01:57
What Chobbers - No rebuff?

Must be mixing/producing ANOTHER album . . . . .!!:D

I increased the number of tails on my cat by six so now it's a cat o' fifteen tails and I weild it fiercely. He's working on three albums at once. No time for daft Jock Rock Bands and kazoo playing.

Jeemag_USA
04-Jan-07, 02:02
Chobbers get out your golden "kazoo of 12 keys" and fight back man, fight the power!! :lol:

canuck
04-Jan-07, 02:48
Chobbersjnr's magic on the kazoo is a precious resource not to be flitted away on incidental performances.

Chobbersjnr
04-Jan-07, 04:49
Chobbersjnr's magic on the kazoo is a precious resource not to be flitted away on incidental performances.

indeed, well said & thank you

now the ukelele...............man you aint heard nothin' yet

canuck
04-Jan-07, 15:36
Ah, the ukulele results in an even finer sound!

Or maybe I was just swept away by the awesome company and the enchantment of the dancing flames of a coal fire.

johns.exe
06-Jan-07, 14:25
Not really my type i will admit its catchy and i do quite like it :)

Nice job