PDA

View Full Version : Looking for veg farmer and a local dairy supplier

MissRosie
05-Jan-13, 12:53
I want to start getting my carrots and tatties from a farmer. Does anyone know where / who I can buy my veg direct from?

Also are there any dairies I can get my milk / cream / dairy products from locally? Unfortunately I don't have enough room for a cow!

Kodiak
05-Jan-13, 17:46
I can Highly Recommend "Puffin Croft" they will deliver a fresh Veg Box to you Weekly, every two Weeks or even monthly. They are very friendly and sell only the best quality veg.

Puffin Croft
John o'Groats
Caithness
KW1 4YS

Tel - 01955 611775

e-mail - gazkris@lice.co.uk

Here on .org as Puffin Croft or FaceBook Puffin Croft Farm Shop.

PS they also sell Eggs, Sausages and Pork + some home baking.

annemarie482
05-Jan-13, 20:26
I also highly recommend the puffin croft :)

MissRosie
06-Jan-13, 00:50
thank you very much :)

Dadie
06-Jan-13, 01:02
I dont ......the veg was lacklustre...and past its best when I had my box carrots that were so bendy you could do knots in them and green tatties...might have been an off day....but ....the one and only box!
But what about greystones for sausages and other pork produce etc
And Im sure there is a veg wholeseller near Elizabeths in Thurso ....along the side road from the side entrance a bit..but cant remember their name at the moment though someone will prob be more than happy to tell you it!...
Prep and freeze what you dont need and it will be fresh for when you do need it!

MissRosie
06-Jan-13, 01:33
hmm... might be tempted to take a drive up and pick out my own veg. will also look into that other place.
aye, i was lookin at greystones website, looks good, planning getting a meat pack from them.
just tired of supermarket meat and produce as u just dont know what rubbish gets put on or in it before it comes to the shop.
Plus it probably goes half way round the country in numerous warehouses and processing centres`so when it finally does end up in ur kitchen there's even less shelf life left on it.

Beat Bug
06-Jan-13, 02:21
I can highly recommend Caithness Pork for all your pork needs. 07785 994070.

poppett
06-Jan-13, 09:21
I have had Puffin Croft veg in the past and it was good. Our problem was nowhere to keep it between deliveries.

The Post Office in Watten have a good selection of Greystones meat products (fresh in every Friday if I remember correctly)

Fresh eggs from Charlie Angus, also veg in season from his farm shop behind the Park Hotel in Thurso.

Bradcon
06-Jan-13, 11:29
we get our produce from puffin croft and meat pack from greystones and it was best move ever as quality is a lot better than the supermarket.

Croftergirl
07-Jan-13, 12:28
If your looking for local meat and veg, go to any one of the local butchers in Caithness! We go to Castletown, personally I find them e best around. Helpful, friendly staff and a great choice

puffin croft
07-Jan-13, 14:25
Thank you to our valued customers for you kind comments.And the one 'hater',we are very sorry you did not enjoy your box, luckily the 2 other customers we deliver regularly to in your street have been very happy with theirs for over 2 years! You can't please all the people all the time,but we try!

Slickly
07-Jan-13, 14:27
...And the one 'hater',we are very sorry you did not enjoy your box ....

Boy is that an extreme way to refer to a dissatisfied customer. Customer Service courses are available.

puffin croft
07-Jan-13, 14:53
sorry,not getting involved in tit for tat.This is why we rarely use Org any more.

Slickly
07-Jan-13, 14:58
Too late, Ethel...

sorry,not getting involved in tit for tat.This is why we rarely use Org any more.

'tit'...

I dont ......the veg was lacklustre...and past its best

'tat'...

And the one 'hater',we are very sorry you did not enjoy your box

Kodiak
07-Jan-13, 16:07
Too late, Ethel...

'tit'...

'tat'...

I agree with every word that Puffin Croft has posted. "Sickly" all you seem to do here on the Org is to try and stir things and get other members angry. It will not work in this case.

Puffin Croft are very friendly, helpful, reliable & honest. Their produce is of top quality and at a very good price. I love their home made Pork Pies and all of their other produce. I am a Happy Customer and sure I will remain so, but as Puffin Croft said, "You cant please all the people all of the time".

Slickly
07-Jan-13, 16:15
I love their home made Pork Pies and all of their other produce. I am a Happy Customer and sure I will remain so, but as Puffin Croft said, "You cant please all the people all of the time".

I can't comment on their pork pies, their bendy carrots or their green tatties as I've never had them. I was commenting on the fact they called a past customer a "hater" purely because they mentioned a bad experience which isn't particularly good customer service - they don't sound that friendly. Or is this the incomers closing ranks against the locals again ?

Kodiak
07-Jan-13, 16:26
I can't comment on their pork pies, their bendy carrots or their green tatties as I've never had them. I was commenting on the fact they called a past customer a "hater" purely because they mentioned a bad experience which isn't particularly good customer service - they don't sound that friendly. Or is this the incomers closing ranks against the locals again ?

HA HA HA you are a card, here is a present just for you, you do not really need it but yours might be beginning to wear out by all your stirring.

http://i.imgur.com/GQ83U.png

starfish
07-Jan-13, 16:41
did dadie tell puffin croft at the time that they were not happy or just wait and moan later when it was too late to put right

Southern-Gal
11-Jan-13, 23:28
The milk place on the industrial estate behind Tesco in Wick is the best place Ive found for tatties, I also buy milk whilst Im there :)

secrets in symmetry
12-Jan-13, 01:55
Boy is that an extreme way to refer to a dissatisfied customer.Indeed it is.

I used to like puffins....