PDA

View Full Version : Charles and Camilla, should they marry?

Rheghead
10-Feb-05, 20:53
The SkyNews vote shows that the vast majority say No, but will the local Castle of Mey connection illustrate a difference of opinion in Caithness?

katarina
10-Feb-05, 21:11
why not? They are living together anyway. We do not know the circumstances of their previous relationships - so what business is it of ours? I doubt very much whether charles will ever be king any way. If the queen lives as long as her mother I doubt it.

EDDIE
12-Feb-05, 01:25
I just hope that camilla doesnt get harrasesed constantly by the press as to what diana did

Rheghead
12-Feb-05, 18:08
On other straw polls eg. skynews, radio 4/today, there hasn't been a 'who cares?' option. For me this result says more than the Yes or No results...

DrSzin
12-Feb-05, 19:37
I am probably gonna surprise a few people here...

I voted "yes" on this one. :eek:

If they are in love, why shouldn't they marry? And why shouldn't we be pleased that they are happy? Why shouldn't we be pleased that they are "making it legal" and not living in sin? (That's "sin" not "szin" btw.)

And let's have Queen Camilla -- I couldn't give a hoot whether or not they are both divorced.

In fact, I couldn't give a hoot whether or not we have a monarchy at all. But if a large fraction of the population want a monarchy, then let's have a monarchy. I don't know whether the monarchy brings sufficiently many economic benefits to the country via tourism and inward investments, but if that's what the people want, then let them have it.

I sincerely hope Charles and Camilla will become King and Queen. Yes, really! After all, Charlie Boy has been training for the job for half a century, He has worked hard for his inheritance. Let's not deny the poor chappie now!

What about William? I find it hard to argue that the son of Dopey Di would make a better monarch than his father. Having said that, Wee Willie Windsor does seem to be a sensible sort of chap, unlike his sorry sibling, that clown Horrid Henry -- I am horrified that he is third in line to the throne of England, whoops, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Wee Willie may not be particularly bright but he is surely brighter than Henners. Let's hope Willie gets married young and provides some heirs to keep Henners off the throne (as would happen if Willie went under a bus). I think Christina Aguilera (*) would make him a fine wife, and she would be a more interesting monarch than any others we have had recently.

Hmm, maybe we should declare a republic after all...

But I still think they should get married.

In case anyone still thinks I am an unreconstructed royalist, I went to the States for the summer to escape Charlie's first wedding. By a curious coincidence, I will be in that same country for his second.

I wonder what Charlie Boy thinks of Geocentrism? Someone should ask him when he next takes his blushing bride on her hols to his granny's hidey hole castle.

----------------------------
(*) So much for that idea. The very next day I read that Ms Aguilera is to wed (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4261641.stm). What an amazing coincidence!

Rheghead
12-Feb-05, 19:45
What would be frightening is Dr Neville Jones giving the blessing of the marriage.

2little2late
12-Feb-05, 21:24
Apparantly, Camilla was reluctant to marry. Just goes to show the pressure "The Firm" will put on people doesn't it?

hotrod4
13-Feb-05, 13:58
they should not marry as we have to stump up the cash for their nuptials!!! :D .
seriously i think they both deserve each other the elephant and the horse! :eek:
Charles has been knocking her off for years and doesnt command the respect that someone in his position should hold as the people do not trust him.
let them get married and sign on the broo and see if they love each other or just love the power.

katarina
13-Feb-05, 14:52
they should not marry as we have to stump up the cash for their nuptials!!! :D .
seriously i think they both deserve each other the elephant and the horse! :eek:
Charles has been knocking her off for years and doesnt command the respect that someone in his position should hold as the people do not trust him.
let them get married and sign on the broo and see if they love each other or just love the power.

They should marry -BUT why should the tax payer foot the bill? It's not as if the poor wee souls can't afford it. I think they would recieve much more respect from the general public if they decided to dip in their own endless pockets.

Rheghead
13-Feb-05, 20:32
Are we paying for the ceremony? Lets not get too hasty in assuming that we are.

As far as I remember, Charles does not receive anything from the civil list due to his Duchy of Cornwall commitments. I may be wrong, a sad someone needs to google it and prove me wrong.

~~Tides~~
13-Feb-05, 21:55
Tony Blair said that we arnt even getting a public holiday. Even more reason not to give a toss. :eyes

Zael
14-Feb-05, 12:06

If they have any income of their own, then why do we give them so much money every year?

"Who Cares" Wins!!!!

katarina
14-Feb-05, 21:21

As far as I remember, Charles does not receive anything from the civil list due to his Duchy of Cornwall commitments. I may be wrong, a sad someone needs to google it and prove me wrong.

I hope we're not. By the way, how do you get that flag flying on your signature?

friendlymel
16-Feb-05, 11:13
well i agree with most but hey ok let them marry, but charles should step down we dont want him but it seems like he wants his bread and butter, u say he s worked alot for it hey the queen has made and told him a few yrs ago that he had to start pulling his weight and take on more responabilites.
he should step down like his uncle did, we dont want him as king.
im not a royalist but like to have my say like everyone else.
as for queen camilla?
no no no
we dont want her either
did u see her on sunday?
what a mess she looked.
let wills become king yes its a big step for him but hey he would be a far better king than his father.
also i dont think wills wants to be king and dont quote me on this one but i think he would step down? remains to be seen this one.
harry well he s young havent we all been and havent we all done something silly in our lives?
pricess di well she did her own thing and was liked by many, she would have made a great queen, but she didnt want that either.
so let charles marry camilla but step down and get on with it.
where have all the ruleings gone?
camilla is a catholic, divorcees are not suppose to marry in church but yet charles tried to get this over turned. in the past.
and why did they not marry?
charles went in the navy for three yrs and camilla thought he didnt care and didnt want her,
so when he came back from the navy she had met her x hubby and married him not knowing that charles did want her, and did want to marry her.
why charles and cam was caught comming out from the back way at his grandmothers they was seeing each other then.
like di said, there was three in the marraige .
its bad enough when we have to cope with adultry let alone have a marraige with 3 in it, and the feeling must have been horrible, anyone who has been in a relationship where the other partner is seeing another and we find out about it it hurts esp when u love that person.
i say yes get married and step down.
or dont get married and become king.
there are many who dont want him as king thou.