PDA

View Full Version : tack shop

appilihp
04-Jan-13, 10:15
Hi I am think of starting a tack shop and mobile tack shop coming out of near Halkirk. But first I want to know if there is a gap in the market for it. please let me know if you are interested if enough ppl are then I will start one.:lol:

pig whisperer
04-Jan-13, 11:08
The competiters are Hill Top Horses Wick, Geddes Wick & Thurso, & CLB Thurso if you choose to go ahead Good Luck.

Piggylogistics
06-Jan-13, 15:38
If you sell good quality at reasonable prices you should do well, and are able to provide your clients with what they need even if you dont have it at the time then id say yes you will do well, as up here is sadly lacking in a good tack shop. Good luck and i hope your venture goes well for you. xx
p.s there are quite a few horsey people with the above mind set too locally that buy online as they cannot get what they want at sensible prices.

bella11
12-Jan-13, 22:37
Mairi Anne from Hilltop Horses is absolutely fantastic - nothing is too much hassle and if she doesnt have the item in stock, you can guarantee that she will get it for you quickly and at a very good price. She also does a feed delivery service which is superb. Another tackshop in the county would really struggle to compete with Hilltop Horses.

daisychain
13-Jan-13, 01:15
I don't want to knock our local tack shops but if you could compete with internet prices i'm sure there would be a space in the market up here for you, best of luck!