PDA

View Full Version : Free Photo shoots

andytaylor
03-Jan-13, 17:57
Got asked today if I wanted a free photo shoot for my three week old daughter was told to feed her lots so she would be very sleepy ? Then we asked what clothes we should bring for her and were told not to bring any as she needs to be naked after this we decided not to accept the shoot
In my view the way the photographer approached us was morally wrong , a free photo shoot provided your baby is naked and that the photos can be used by the photographer for advertising .
Using naked children for advertising sounds like inviting the wrong type of people to view them
I think this is wrong and discusting

baileys Bhoy
03-Jan-13, 18:18
I approached a local photographer myself just the other day asking if she was in need of a baby boy model as we recently had a little boy... Although the baby's are naked... The shots are very tastefully done nothing too revealing on show.... I was even told I could take a romper for after so that my son could have some photos done clothed and awake at the end, at the end of the day I don't see anything wrong with it...By the way... Out of curiosity... Which photographer approached you thanks

cazmanian_minx
04-Jan-13, 12:09
If it's the one I think it might be (I know she's casting for a newborn shoot at the moment), then she's extremely professional and also registered with the British Association of Newborn Photography, which vets all prospective members and requires them to sign up to a code of conduct, so you really couldn't be in better hands. http://banp.co.uk/for-parents/

Southern-Gal
04-Jan-13, 18:50
I have seen loads of these done (on facebook) and wondered how on earth they managed to get them to sleep/look asleep and now I know :D
They are seriously good and very tasteful.

dragonfly
04-Jan-13, 18:52
I'm not the photographer in question, although I am casting for a 5-7 month old baby who can sit up (and I'm also fully qualified, fully insured and registered with the BANP). I also photograph newborns naked, but nothing is ever shown, I use wraps and throws on the babies and pose them so bits aren't exposed.

Here's my facebook page for my Newborn baby photography Bébé L"Amour Boutique Newborn & Baby Photography (https://www.facebook.com/BebeLAmourBabyPhotography/photos_stream)

dragonfly
04-Jan-13, 19:00
I have seen loads of these done (on facebook) and wondered how on earth they managed to get them to sleep/look asleep and now I know :D
They are seriously good and very tasteful.

if only it were that simple, training with other photographers in the trade and learning their secrets for soothing helps, milk is just part of it :lol:

missmillie
04-Jan-13, 19:18
I'm also not the photographer in question but I am the photographer that Baileys Bhoy mentioned. Personally I do not just approach people if I am looking for portfolio building shoots, I put out a casting call as I always look for someone who likes what I do and what style I shoot in and yes I do ask to use the images but this is the reason for offering a free photoshoot, so I can advertise to other mums what style of photography I create for their newborns.

It is a form of baby photography that has been on the go a long time and most mums who book newborn shoots expect this style of photography. It is very tasteful and I always explain and show my customers what to expect in advance, As dragonfly says nothing is on show and it's for parents to treasure the lovely images of their squishy newborns.

You were right to not go ahead with the photoshoot if this isn't what images you would like to have of your own baby but i don't think the photographer is morally wrong to give you the brief he or she did.

missmillie
04-Jan-13, 19:23
Oh gosh yes, I wish it was just milk too! I've spent many many hours training to post and photograph babies safely and even more hours training to soothe baby into a deep sleep that can be moved from image to image and yet a baby will be a baby and no photographer or milk can stop those big bright eyes :)

Kodiak
08-Jan-13, 12:35
All good Photographers should know that when they do a Shoot of any person, whether they be 1 Day Old or 100 Years Old, before they can use the Photographs for any reason, ie Advertising, Magazine Work, etc etc. They should make sure that a "Model Release Form" is duely filled in and signed by the Model or their Legal Representative. This protects both parties, The Model knows exactly what the Photographer intends to with the Photographs and the Photographer has proof that the Model, or their Legal Represenitive, has given permission for this use of the said Photographs.

dragonfly
08-Jan-13, 12:48
All good Photographers should know that when they do a Shoot of any person, whether they be 1 Day Old or 100 Years Old, before they can use the Photographs for any reason, ie Advertising, Magazine Work, etc etc. They should make sure that a "Model Release Form" is duely filled in and signed by the Model or their Legal Representative. This protects both parties, The Model knows exactly what the Photographer intends to with the Photographs and the Photographer has proof that the Model, or their Legal Represenitive, has given permission for this use of the said Photographs.

Absolutely correct Kodiak, as you can see I've stated that Model Release Form to be signed for my casting call for babies, which has now been filled.

Tavendale
08-Jan-13, 14:30
Using naked children for advertising sounds like inviting the wrong type of people to view them
I think this is wrong and discusting

Tell it to (the remaining members of) Nirvana ;)

pretty green eyes
08-Jan-13, 21:49
I saw some photos of a baby done by a local photographer recently and thought a ten year old could have done better

I think I know who you mean, they looked dont looked posed. Just kind of flung