PDA

View Full Version : TV Chefs, who would you choose?

Rheghead
30-Dec-12, 22:09
Never mind your granny, wife or mother to cook for you, but if you had the power to have any 2 TV chefs to cook for you forever, who would you choose? Nigel Slater? Michel Roux Jnr? Heston Blumenthal? boring old Delia? (sorry don't really mean that)

I think I would choose Nigel Slater for every day and Michel Roux jnr for special occasions.

lisagrace
30-Dec-12, 22:15
I would have Rosemary Shrager (not sure of spelling) because she would have me in stiches and gino di'campo because mmm he is nice

starfish
30-Dec-12, 22:38
gino di campo if i was not hungry for food but nigel slater to know what to do with the left over in my fridge i often wonder what to do with the scabby bits of cheese and ham ect other than a omelette

annemarie482
30-Dec-12, 22:53
Oh deffo gino di campo! ;) providing hes forbidden to speak lol

But seriously hugh fearnley-whittingstall, as I like his cooking style.

I'd have said bear grylls is my favourite, but not sure i could stomach some of his food! :lol:

Dadie
30-Dec-12, 22:56
I would have Hugh FW or the hairy bikers for good hearty food done proper!
Then I would have Good old Delia for a tidy kitchen and no dishes to do afterwards....
Its amazing (almost as amazing as the food) the amount of dishes and pots and pans celeb chefs use and just tuck under the counter dirty!

joxville
30-Dec-12, 23:41
I'd have Nick Nairn for tradition British food, and he seems an easy going chap too so we'd get along very well; and Anjum Anand to do Indian food for me. And she's easy on the eye too :-)

Kevin Milkins
31-Dec-12, 00:32
I would go for Anthony Worrall Thompson as I would like to save a few quid on the shopping bill.

squidge
31-Dec-12, 00:51
Have been a delia fan since i was first married in 1986 and got her complete cookery course. The book now has no front or back covers and half the index is missing but i wouldnt be without it. Old favourites are the goulash, the squidgey chocolate log, the christmas cake, English pot roast, her pastry recipes and her timings for the turkey or beef. Most of these i dont need to check the recipes now and her website is often the first i check for a recipe for something i fancy trying. I find the recipes just work and as I understand her i can substitute and mess about with the recipes and still get a good result. Having said all that I have just asked for Nigel Slaters cookbook for my birthday. I like his style of no nonsense simple flavourful cookery and I am enjoying trying his recipes.

I would have Michel Roux jnr for special occasions and not just in the kitchen either.... I have a bit of a crush sighhhhhhh

golach
31-Dec-12, 00:54
Nick Nairn, & Tom Kitchen for me

M Swanson
31-Dec-12, 01:07
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Ainsley and young Oli. :D

annemarie482
31-Dec-12, 13:32
I'd have Nick Nairn for tradition British food, and he seems an easy going chap too so we'd get along very well;

Man makes a brill tattie scone!! :)

chocolatechip
31-Dec-12, 18:53
The hairy bikers for good warm hearty food and James Martin for SPECAIL celebrations

Green_not_greed
31-Dec-12, 19:42
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall for day to day, and Nigella for special nights !

outsidethebox
31-Dec-12, 19:55
Jamie Oliver for get stuck in and eat food, for something a little more refined it would have to be the finest of French chefs who ironically taught himself almost everything he knows here in the UK where he has lived since his early 20's, come on down Raymond Blanc. The finest gastronomic experience I've had in my life was undoubtedly at Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons in 1989, if I never eat a better meal in my life I will still die happy.

secrets in symmetry
31-Dec-12, 19:55
Nigella Lawson and Lorraine Pascale - posh birds who can cook lol.

Kenn
01-Jan-13, 02:03
Gino de Campo and Michel Roux

poppett
01-Jan-13, 09:40
Brian Turner and Nick Nairn. Am lucky enough to have met them both too, but sadly not in a cooking situation.

changilass
01-Jan-13, 14:24
Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver