PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lessons...

Stumurf
24-Dec-06, 22:23
i think its about time i started to learn how to drive and ride....

can anyone recommend any instructors for both car and bike please...

i am near halkirk so as far as thurso and wick recommendations if you would be so kind.

many thanks for your info...

bobsgirl
26-Dec-06, 22:00
I had Caithness Driving School from Wick, even though I live in Thurso.
He was a very good instructor. I am sure he still comes into Thurso at least once a week. Well worth it, he makes you feel at ease and make it all easy to understand.
Only instructor I have had so cannot comment on the rest!
Hope this helps!

Stumurf
30-Dec-06, 05:06
many thanks bobsgirl..

i was expecting a few more replies, but you cant have averythin..

thanks again.. wish me luck

henry20
30-Dec-06, 10:24
I sat my test that long ago, I'm not sure if the instructor is still on the go :roll:

I learnt to drive in Wick though & used a Wick instructor. I didn't get many lessons though - its a lot better if you can get practice in a car outwith your lessons or its going to be very costly. :(

Not sure about bike instructors. I always fancied doing the intensive course for it, but not got round to it!

emszxr
30-Dec-06, 19:20
for bike i went to inverness and did a weeks intensive though it was 10 years ago.

ABC
01-Jan-07, 22:39
I went to Elgin to do the weeks bike course and would highly recomment it. Some family members have done it with David Bremner from thrumster 2 hour lessons at night, but it takes ages and works out way more expensive.

chaz
02-Jan-07, 17:12
nicola mowet was good with my son when he sat his car test last year:) she didnt strech out lessons either

Stumurf
09-Jan-07, 14:49
thanks to everyone for their replies, its very much appreciated...

johnlc
09-Jan-07, 17:14
Hey am with phoenix driving,his name is graham he is brilliant,ave been driving for 3 months and am going up for my test at the end off feb so it just shows how good he is coz a thought ad still be getting lessons tae august.

annex
13-Jan-07, 23:08
Hi there,

I passed my test 2 years ago now. I had my first lesson with one instructor ( Who i don;t wish to name) from the Thurso Area and just did not feel right at all. I waited 7 months on Eric Gunn's waiting list. He was brilliant!!!!! I had 7 lessons then ready for test. Highly recommend Eric Gunn. To wait on the list for that length of time seemed long at the time but was totally worth it.
Hope you find the right Instructor :)