PDA

View Full Version : Cream out of the Co-Op

dragonfly
24-Dec-06, 19:26
have just come back from my mother-in-laws for lunch she had raspberries and cream bought from the co-op, only problem being it was well off and the use by date was 2nd Jan [evil]

So just a warning to anyone who has bought cream from the Thurso co-op (own make, blue and white tub) it may well be like her 3 tubs and very much off - luckily she found out before tomorrow and was able to get some elsewhere

Mr P Cannop
24-Dec-06, 19:28
have just come back from my mother-in-laws for lunch she had raspberries and cream bought from the co-op, only problem being it was well off and the use by date was 2nd Jan [evil]

So just a warning to anyone who has bought cream from the Thurso co-op (own make, blue and white tub) it may well be like her 3 tubs and very much off - luckily she found out before tomorrow and was able to get some elsewhere

was that the big co-op ?? or the one in spring park ??

dragonfly
24-Dec-06, 19:34
the big one, but probably they will be from the same batch at the wee one too

Blast!
29-Dec-06, 03:50
I highly doubt that any thing bought from the Dairy department in the big co-op could be out of date as much as that. It's not phisically possible for cream to sit on the shelf for a while year and not be bought since all the lines HAVE to be sold out at some point during the year. In case you're wondering, i used to work there and I know the practices. There's no way cream could be there since January last year, it just couldn't happen. The only possible explanations is a date missprint or the date actually being for January 2007. That seems like more sense. Common sense.

gollach
29-Dec-06, 10:46
I highly doubt that any thing bought from the Dairy department in the big co-op could be out of date as much as that. It's not phisically possible for cream to sit on the shelf for a while year and not be bought since all the lines HAVE to be sold out at some point during the year. In case you're wondering, i used to work there and I know the practices. There's no way cream could be there since January last year, it just couldn't happen. The only possible explanations is a date missprint or the date actually being for January 2007. That seems like more sense. Common sense.

I think that dragonfly meant it has a use by date for jan 2007 but it had still gone off. If the cream had sat there for a whole year it would have turned into a biological weapon!

At the start of this month, I bought a tub of philadelphia cream cheese in the large coop and it was still 2 weeks inside its date. When I opened it up later that day it was stinking and full of blue mould. The might have a problem with their chiller temperature control?