PDA

View Full Version : Crows

danc1ngwitch
24-Dec-06, 16:40
Looking out of my window and watching all the Crows gathering once again on the rooftops... Trail street in castletown gets real bad for it...How bored am I ... watching Crows ( i should throw some bread out then when they come to land run out and take it back in ) [lol] Nah i wouldna do that i aint that bored yet:roll:

Through
24-Dec-06, 17:44
Looking out of my window and watching all the Crows gathering once again on the rooftops... Trail street in castletown gets real bad for it...How bored am I ... watching Crows ( i should throw some bread out then when they come to land run out and take it back in ) [lol] Nah i wouldna do that i aint that bored yet:roll:

I think they're prolly rooks and not crows.

I'm bored too as well.

Errogie
24-Dec-06, 18:11
Rooks are corvids, members of the crow family.
Are they getting together for a Christmas Eve crow service?

Through
24-Dec-06, 18:50
Rooks are corvids, members of the crow family.
Are they getting together for a Christmas Eve crow service?

Fine then Errogie, you call them corvids.

Errogie
24-Dec-06, 21:12
Agus anns na Gaelic cridhe me gum bi rudegin mar starrag?

j4bberw0ck
24-Dec-06, 21:38
Lots of them here, too; here's a suggestion about how they could be made useful (http://www.recipes4all.co.uk/index.php/topic,60.0.html).......

I think I'll stick to turkey, on balance. Happy Christmas to all and the crows / rooks / ravens and even the turkeys. :lol:

Errogie
24-Dec-06, 22:31
My father told us he used to climb trees on the way to school and suck the contents of rooks eggs to top up his breakfast. The really gross bit is that he used to say that quite often he felt a young rook go down his throat. Argh!!!

danc1ngwitch
25-Dec-06, 18:31
My father told us he used to climb trees on the way to school and suck the contents of rooks eggs to top up his breakfast. The really gross bit is that he used to say that quite often he felt a young rook go down his throat. Argh!!!

ewwwwwwww no ... lol