PDA

View Full Version : for the oldies

Royster1911
24-Dec-06, 11:14
It was sad to hear that Charlie Drake has passed away. He was a great commedian and had me in stiches when I was young. R.I.P. Charlie.:~(

Cattach
24-Dec-06, 16:34
It was sad to hear that Charlie Drake has passed away. He was a great commedian and had me in stiches when I was young. R.I.P. Charlie.:~(

Too true what a great laugh. I was brought up on Charlie, Norman Wisdom and, of course, the Three Stoogies! The comedies I most enjoy now are mostly on Gold on Sky - The Good Life, To the Manor Born, Porridge, Open All Hours, The Last of the Summer Wine to name but just a few. All good clean fun. Tried to like Little Britain and some other modern ones but it has not got the lasting quality of the former ones named.

danc1ngwitch
24-Dec-06, 16:36
did anyone else laugh at harold Lloyd... good stuff x

johno
24-Dec-06, 23:38
did anyone else laugh at harold Lloyd... good stuff x
Yes & Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy ,The Three Stoogie,s & Ben Turpin. liked Charlie Drake too though. can any one recall the american comedy with Satch in it, The BOWRIE Boys or something like that ??

[lol] :lol:

wifie
24-Dec-06, 23:41
Yeah, Bye bye my darlin's!