PDA

View Full Version : From the mouths of babes!

PhilR
24-Dec-06, 11:00
Thought I'd share this with you...both amusing and sad

A local courier company here in Kuwait has set up a service (similar to Royal Mail) where kids can write to Santa with what they want for Christmas, and 'Santa' will write back to them.

Anyway, they got responses from a lot of expat kids, and some local Arabic (presumably Christian) kids which make interesting reading and reflect certain social patterns here. The examples are typical, as received and are unedited apart from making names anonymous.........

The expats...

Comments: Dear Santa,
Please can I have a pink present.
Love
Imogen XX

Your Name: mary *****
I've been a very good girl this year. I moved to Kuwait in the summer. i'm 8 years old I have a lovely family. Please may I have some jewelry & some Bratz dolls . love from Mary.

Your Name: Jonathan ****
Comments: I try to be good but dont manage it all the time.
I would like a pet snake, a mobile and doctor who stuff for christmas. Thankyou

Your Name: Alexandra
Comments: A singing toy

Your Name: Nathan and ****** *****
Comments: Santa, hope you are well and you got my christmas list. I'll leave you something to eat on Christmas eve. I hope you like it. Signd Nathan and *******.

Your Name: Torry ******
please can i have a santa costume. I have been a very good boy this year.

Then the locals ……

Your Name: jamil

Comments: i want xbox360 and a psp-fifa2007game and the best dragonball game and a very good laptop and 1000dinar and a popcorn maker and rock songs for eminem,shaggy,fatjoe,and micheal jackson and best computer mobile and a cute dog and a golden bag.

Your Name: sulaiman

Comments: money Quad Bike candy the movie get rich or die tryn and wrestiling toys a little bit and some santa toys and a scotish dog and a video game for playstation 2 grand theft auto alot of firworks free ticket to america camera origanil 2 psp perfiums magic toys I want to go to the desert

Hmmmmm......

(and by the way, 1000dinar is about £1,900, but haven't a clue about the 'golden bag'!)