PDA

View Full Version : Mad Friday - In Thurso & Wick

Gogglebox
24-Dec-06, 01:41
Didnt make it out this year but wondered if it was busy and anyone feeling still ill or anyone want to confess all their sins from it!!lol

Give us the crack

98elite
24-Dec-06, 02:00
I hear it was pretty quite on both sides of the County, not such a mad friday these days.

Kolskegg
24-Dec-06, 08:22
We had our meal in the Janet Street Club, and stayed there until after 7PM. The place itself was pretty busy, but there was a general exodus of people as the evening wore on. It was nice to sit, relax, and have a chat to folk. I'd no inclination to over-indulge and get falling over drunk.

The streets of Thurso seemed fairly busy, but I've seen it busier in other years. I guess so close to Christmas a good many people give it a miss. I can't face it every year myself, and generally have to be pressured into making the effort.

The Holborn was heaving, and seemed to be the venue packed out for most of the night. Attentive security keeping out potential trouble-makers, and everything was fine. Plenty of police walking the streets, and checking out the pubs, which was a welcome sight.

BY about 11PM I was kind of tired of it all, and probably spent an hour or so wandering around the streets. My impression was that there appeared to be less people on the street than in previous years, but that might have been because they were sticking to just a few pubs.

I just wish the woman of my dreams had decided to go out this year. I really would have enjoyed having the opportunity to chat with her. Might have been a life-changing experience :-).

Royster1911
24-Dec-06, 11:39
We had our meal in the Janet Street Club, and stayed there until after 7PM. The place itself was pretty busy, but there was a general exodus of people as the evening wore on. It was nice to sit, relax, and have a chat to folk. I'd no inclination to over-indulge and get falling over drunk.

The streets of Thurso seemed fairly busy, but I've seen it busier in other years. I guess so close to Christmas a good many people give it a miss. I can't face it every year myself, and generally have to be pressured into making the effort.

The Holborn was heaving, and seemed to be the venue packed out for most of the night. Attentive security keeping out potential trouble-makers, and everything was fine. Plenty of police walking the streets, and checking out the pubs, which was a welcome sight.

BY about 11PM I was kind of tired of it all, and probably spent an hour or so wandering around the streets. My impression was that there appeared to be less people on the street than in previous years, but that might have been because they were sticking to just a few pubs.

I just wish the woman of my dreams had decided to go out this year. I really would have enjoyed having the opportunity to chat with her. Might have been a life-changing experience :-).

Sorry, she stayed at home with me....[lol]

outsider
24-Dec-06, 14:45
Thot it was alryt...Iv seen it much busier though..i just felt that it was a normal night out...:eek:

Loafer
24-Dec-06, 18:37
The so called "Mad" Friday really is a thing of the past. At one time if you hadn't booked your hotel for a meal by August you could forget it. When I was an apprent, I booked the Upper Deck in March and even that was chancing not getting in! Now bookings could be placed as late as last week.

ALL the pubs used to be chocker, not just one or two. It was shoulder to shoulder.

Mibbees we should re-name it "Tame" Friday!!!!

The Loafer

Through
24-Dec-06, 18:45
Is it not more to do with the fact that we've had two opportunities for Mad Friday this year? Some people went out on both nights, but most seem to have picked one or the other.

scorrie
24-Dec-06, 20:38
Mad Friday?

I think people realise that you can only get peed oot yer nut on drink, drugs or whatever to a certain level. That level is probably reached on any weekend that the individual sees fit in today's "World of Plenty"

sweetpea
24-Dec-06, 23:49
Have to admit I was pretty sozzled and in Skinandis right until the end etc etc

BRIE
25-Dec-06, 00:33
wick wasnt to busy but lots of fights thurso was very busy & again quite a few fights! came home early to avoid the trouble.

Jeid
25-Dec-06, 00:40
I think a lot of people use every weekend as a "Mad Friday" these days.

Afternoon was pretty poor in the pub compared to previous years, it picked up at the back of 6 (as I correctly predicted) then I went home at 7.

Henry20 informs me it was pretty busy in Skinandi's though.