PDA

View Full Version : Satellite repair?

Tilly Teckel
23-Dec-12, 18:44
I'm in desperate need of satellite repair! Satellite dish is on the lawn after last night's weather, so I have no TV :~(

Have tried Sky but they're no use at all. Any suggestions of a good engineer locally would be much appreciated... and may help prevent many Christmas tantrums in our house! :eek:

Slickly
23-Dec-12, 18:47
so I have no TV :~( I would consider yourself fortunate that you'll miss all the inane drivel for a week or so.

cherokee
23-Dec-12, 19:04
I would consider yourself fortunate that you'll miss all the inane drivel for a week or so.

Reading your posts, Slickly, then sometimes I wished the "Org" would go down, so as we don't have to put up with your inane drivel !!:eek:

Tilly Teckel; (a sensible reply - quite rare these days !) Have you tried sending a PM to "Moonboots" on here?
By all accounts he/she seems very adept at sorting those kind of problems out.

Good Luck, and A Merry Christmas to you and yours !

Slickly
23-Dec-12, 19:07
Reading your posts, Slickly, then sometimes I wished the "Org" would go down, so as we don't have to put up with your inane drivel !!:eek:That's hardly a very Christian thing to say to someone. Especially since its Sunday too.

annemarie482
23-Dec-12, 19:20
Good luck, my inlaws tv went off last night, phoned sky and they can't send someone until the 14th of jan!!

Tilly Teckel
23-Dec-12, 20:06
Thanks for the help - will try Moonboots!

Tilly Teckel
23-Dec-12, 20:10
Just found Moonboots and noticed their signature - P R Electrical. Already spoken to them today and sadly they're busy until the New Year :( Also tried J Russell Aerials - same story. Will try Colin Chessor first thing in the morning and keep my fingers crossed!

Tilly Teckel
24-Dec-12, 00:11
Found some-one! He says he'll be here tomorrow night...

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/flamespheonix/index.jpg

gerry4
24-Dec-12, 09:58
Colin Chessor's are great. Sky dropped them and that is why repairs are now taking a couple of weeks. It is a firm in Inverness handling all repairs.

I had to have a new aerial. Chessor's came out with a better dish and charged me about the same. Forget Sky and use the local firm. They also do spare parts for sky as well, remotes etc.

Sounding like an advert but I have nothing to do with them just Sky really p*****d me off when my dish broke. It's nice to have a good local firm who can help you out if they can.

Tilly Teckel
24-Dec-12, 10:23
Just got through to Chessors but it seems lots of folk are in the same position, so I'm booked in for 7th Jan. They were really helpful though - unlike Sky!

Just need to get freeview working now so I don't miss my Christmas films... sad, I know, but I love them :roll:

celtchicky
24-Dec-12, 21:44
i have the same problem. initially when i phoned sky they were going to charge me £65 and take until 14th Jan to come out.

after the usual threatening to cancel, now £15 and coming on 3rd Jan. also getting reimbursed for the time without too:)