PDA

View Full Version : CHAP and Ignis Energy

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-12, 16:19
The CHAP/Ignis Energy issue came up on another thread.

What's the current status of this project? Have Ignis Energy taken over? Are they providing heat and hot water to the people of Pulteneytown?

Slickly
23-Dec-12, 18:27
The CHAP/Ignis Energy issue came up on another thread.What's the current status of this project? Have Ignis Energy taken over? Are they providing heat and hot water to the people of Pulteneytown?Several 'round the back door' deals were done, including "auctioning off" the equipment to Ignis, and also granting them planning approval to run the piping system to the new High School so that they can be slipped a contract by the Council to provide heating to said new build (or probably not, as history has taught us).

secrets in symmetry
24-Dec-12, 00:26
Are Ignis (still) burning oil to supply heat to a large number of customers? How many former CHAP customers "stayed" with Ignis? Are they happy? What about those that didn't stick with Ignis?

Is there still a plan to go green and burn wood?

How many questions can you put in a short post before people start rolling their eyes at you?

laguna2
24-Dec-12, 09:21
Are Ignis (still) burning oil to supply heat to a large number of customers? How many former CHAP customers "stayed" with Ignis? Are they happy? What about those that didn't stick with Ignis?

Is there still a plan to go green and burn wood?

How many questions can you put in a short post before people start rolling their eyes at you?

:roll: :roll:...........................

secrets in symmetry
27-Dec-12, 18:31
Since there are no responses from CHAP/Ignis customers, should I conclude that the system is running smoothly, and that everyone is happy with the situation?

Is it a case of the end justifying the means?

Macwull
27-Dec-12, 21:43
I am a current customer of ignis energy and at the moment there has been no change in the service provided. I do believe that they are currently progressing with there initial plan of installing a wood burner to heat the houses rather than the current oil system. I've noticed that they have started to tidy up the site slightly with new fencing around the perimeter of the building. So far so good. A lot of people will be against it. As far as I believe ignis bought very little at the auction. They have the lease of the building and the oil boiler that is currently heating the homes but the gasifier was bought by someone else as with many of the parts inside.

They would struggle to do any worse than has previously been done!

Slickly
27-Dec-12, 22:35
I am a current customer of ignis energy and at the moment there has been no change in the service provided. Ahem, I think you'll find that the rest of your fellow citizens, called The Taxpayers, are ensuring your continuity of service. Here's another fiver from me, sit yourself down in front of the fire.

linnie612
27-Dec-12, 23:00
Is it a case of the end justifying the means?

Is it a case of man with big wooden spoon? :roll:

Macwull
28-Dec-12, 00:09
Ahem, I think you'll find that the rest of your fellow citizens, called The Taxpayers, are ensuring your continuity of service. Here's another fiver from me, sit yourself down in front of the fire.

And I'm to blame for the balls up caused by the previous operators am I? This constantly annoys me when people come with this. I didn't take it to fleece the government. Systems like this work in many countries and when I had it installed it appeared to be heading in the right direction. Cheap heat and hot water supplied by a biomass system for a fixed monthly cost. A no brainer when I had a 20 year old storage heating system.

Do you also assume that because i have the system in i dont pay tax? I installed the system at my own expense and im currently getting heat and hot water supplied by a private company funded by an investment fund. Not by the taxpayer anymore (of which I am one) It was the lack of management or local authority intervention that caused the mess. i didnt cause any of it so you should maybe target your comment at the people that were to blame.

Yes the tax payer shouldn't of had to foot the bill but it wasn't caused by me. People jump on the band wagon and start shouting there mouths off, yes the local authority shouldn't have footed the £15million bill but some of the people shouting about this are just streaming off information that they've heard on the street.

I only replied to secrets question. I wish I hadn't!!

Slickly
28-Dec-12, 00:15
im currently getting heat and hot water supplied by a private company funded by an investment fund. Not by the taxpayer anymoreIf only that truly was the current situation.

Macwull
28-Dec-12, 00:19
If only that truly was the current situation.

Enlighten me then, you obviously have hard facts of which I have none.

secrets in symmetry
28-Dec-12, 00:30
And I'm to blame for the balls up caused by the previous operators am I? This constantly annoys me when people come with this. I didn't take it to fleece the government. Systems like this work in many countries and when I had it installed it appeared to be heading in the right direction. Cheap heat and hot water supplied by a biomass system for a fixed monthly cost. A no brainer when I had a 20 year old storage heating system.

Do you also assume that because i have the system in i dont pay tax? I installed the system at my own expense and im currently getting heat and hot water supplied by a private company funded by an investment fund. Not by the taxpayer anymore (of which I am one) It was the lack of management or local authority intervention that caused the mess. i didnt cause any of it so you should maybe target your comment at the people that were to blame.

Yes the tax payer shouldn't of had to foot the bill but it wasn't caused by me. People jump on the band wagon and start shouting there mouths off, yes the local authority shouldn't have footed the £15million bill but some of the people shouting about this are just streaming off information that they've heard on the street.

I only replied to secrets question. I wish I hadn't!!Thanks for answering my question. I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly wouldn't be judgemental towards CHAP/Ignis customers.

secrets in symmetry
28-Dec-12, 00:36
I am a current customer of ignis energy and at the moment there has been no change in the service provided. I do believe that they are currently progressing with there initial plan of installing a wood burner to heat the houses rather than the current oil system. I've noticed that they have started to tidy up the site slightly with new fencing around the perimeter of the building. So far so good. A lot of people will be against it. As far as I believe ignis bought very little at the auction. They have the lease of the building and the oil boiler that is currently heating the homes but the gasifier was bought by someone else as with many of the parts inside.

They would struggle to do any worse than has previously been done!It's good to hear that the service is still up and running. Have you been given any indication of the timescale for installation of a wood burner?

In case you wondered, I have no connection with any of CHAP, Highland Council, Ignis Energy, or any others involved with the project, but I am interested in the outcome.

Slickly
28-Dec-12, 18:01
Have you been given any indication of the timescale for installation of a wood burner? According to the Ignis spin it should have been 3 months ago.

secrets in symmetry
29-Dec-12, 01:01
According to the Ignis spin it should have been 3 months ago.Will it still have been 3 months ago this time next year?

secrets in symmetry
05-Jan-13, 23:14
I found a press release from June 2012 (http://www.ludgateenvironmental.com/pdf/Ignis_press_release_11062012.pdf)

It states

Effective from October, the 3.5 MW biomass plant will replace oil‐fired heat production, simultaneously increasing energy output and achieving an estimated 2,000 tonne per year reduction in carbon dioxide emissions from the existing district heating system.

Slickly was therefore correct - not that I doubted him, I just wanted to see exactly what Ignis were claiming.