PDA

View Full Version : What's the average annual spend on Christmas?

Julia
23-Dec-12, 12:36
Christmas is the most expensive time of year, some folk just go way over the top, I figured my spend this year was in the region of under £500, just curious to know if folk are really cutting back or are we still pushing the boat out?

Alrock
23-Dec-12, 15:24
Just normal day to day living costs for me, you're barely given enough to live on as it is let alone splurge at Christmas when you're on JSA.

seadog
23-Dec-12, 17:17
Too much!! Bah Humbug[disgust]

golach
23-Dec-12, 19:06
Christmas is the most expensive time of year, some folk just go way over the top, I figured my spend this year was in the region of under £500, just curious to know if folk are really cutting back or are we still pushing the boat out?

are you bragging about how much you spent, or are you complaining ? :confused

Slickly
23-Dec-12, 19:33
Christmas is the most expensive time of yearReally? You must tell us how you provide a family summer holiday for less than £500 all in. Somethings about people's private lives are best left as....well....private.

Kevin Milkins
24-Dec-12, 02:25
I saved up £57.33 through 2012 and I intend to blow all of it.

squidge
24-Dec-12, 09:19
The biggest expense for us apart from pressies is the piece of meat we have for lunch. We are a big family and its always dear. This year I ordered the same as we had two years ago .... Beef.... From the butcher. I was ready to flinch but was pleasantly surprised to find it was only a couple of pounds dearer than two years ago.

Southern-Gal
24-Dec-12, 11:21
About £500 which includes all presents, cards, food and booze. This includes two weeks normal shopping too :)
I have been progressively trimming back the presents list, I think your own children should be most important then other children in your family then if there is anything left close adults and thats it, dont go in for buying pressies for adults and acquaintances children. To me Christmas is about family and very loved ones.

Julia
24-Dec-12, 11:53
are you bragging about how much you spent, or are you complaining ? :confused

Not at all, just a question!

secrets in symmetry
24-Dec-12, 18:17
Really? You must tell us how you provide a family summer holiday for less than £500 all in.That was my immediate reaction. I hate to think how much I've spent on air fares this year.