PDA

View Full Version : The Groat publishes rubbish again

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-12, 00:42
You can always tells when the Groat publishes an article that's not even fit for the tabloids...

It doesn't tell us the author's name....

In this case, I'm not sure who is worse - the author of the article, or the originator of the nonsense he, she or it is writing about.

changilass
23-Dec-12, 00:52
Are we supposed to guess what you are on about now?

annemarie482
23-Dec-12, 01:48
Any particular rubbish?

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-12, 02:41
Can you two not recognise rubbish?

changilass
23-Dec-12, 03:16
Oh yes, very easily lol

However, if you are talking about the article that seems to offend you, then I have to admit I don't have access to the local papers anymore, so a link of some sort would be helpful.

joxville
23-Dec-12, 03:30
I don't have access to the Groat so unless the same story is published online the I don't know what you are referring to SiS but I do get what you mean. It's the same as when I visit my hometown and buy the local paper; the authors name is never given, and in most cases the accused in some cases isn't given either. All we get is an alleged offence by an un-named person. What is the point? A waste of paper if you ask me.

sids
23-Dec-12, 05:19
You can always tells when the Groat publishes an article that's not even fit for the tabloids...

It doesn't tell us the author's name....

In this case, I'm not sure who is worse - the author of the article, or the originator of the nonsense' he, she or it is writing about.

You're an idiot.

Nigel Shelton
23-Dec-12, 15:24
Bit like your posts, Hiding behind a pseudonym

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-12, 16:03
It's encouraging that some posters spotted the irony, but not so encouraging that they think they've spotted something that wasn't deliberate lol!

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-12, 16:06
I don't have access to the Groat so unless the same story is published online the I don't know what you are referring to SiS but I do get what you mean. It's the same as when I visit my hometown and buy the local paper; the authors name is never given, and in most cases the accused in some cases isn't given either. All we get is an alleged offence by an un-named person. What is the point? A waste of paper if you ask me.This one wasn't even an alleged offence. It "reported" on a ridiculous claim by a person with large shoes, and did it with an idiotic headline.

The point, however, is the poor standard of journalism and (copy) editing at the Groat - not the content of that particular "story".

M Swanson
23-Dec-12, 17:23
But without giving us the details of the story you cite, or any others, how can we be expected to arrive at an educated opinion about the Groat, SiS? I've no idea if the paper publishes rubbish, only your opinion that it does and you're not putting your name to it! It's an odd topic, when applied to a particular rag, when no example is given, isn't it? :confused

smithp
23-Dec-12, 18:26
Was it the xmas bin collection schedule?

secrets in symmetry
23-Dec-12, 21:53
Was it the xmas bin collection schedule?No, it wasn't that one lol.

sids
23-Dec-12, 22:43
Was it the sheepdog trials verdict?

laguna2
23-Dec-12, 23:24
Is this a quiz?

telfordstar
24-Dec-12, 00:19
does anyone care??

jamesy2205
24-Dec-12, 00:39
There's a certain celebrity I don't like, and s/he has been on TV. Anyone else agree?
Any other forums and this would be locked as a "trolling" thread, as would most others started by a certain someone... no names or reasons though, lets keep it all vague now! :P

Oddquine
24-Dec-12, 00:53
Yep, jamesy2205, I agree.

Wonder if any of us started a whole thread saying

You can always tell when the Org allows a post that's not even fit for the tabloids...or most almost intelligent people

It doesn't tell us the author's real name....

In this case, I'm not sure who is worse - the author of the post, or the part of his/her brain which was the originator of the nonsense he, she or it is writing about.

if we'd get off with it?

Somehow I think not!

secrets in symmetry
24-Dec-12, 01:29
Is this a quiz?The article in question is not really the point of this thread, which is one of the reasons I didn't specify it.

The point is that it is typical of the lazy article the Groat publishes all too often. It's nothing more than a re-telling of anecdotal waffle from an ordinary Joe, but with a ridiculous headline that even the ordinary Joe would (likely) have shied away from.

Perhaps it was written by the Groat's bog cleaner....

annemarie482
24-Dec-12, 01:39
cancer fears over switch station?

only one I'm noticing without a name to it ;)

just tell us which article has got up your nose lol

secrets in symmetry
24-Dec-12, 01:41
BTW my previous post should not be taken as an insult to the Groat's bog cleaner. I'm sure he or she is much better at their job than the Groat's "journalists".

I'm not giving any more clues annemarie - sorry.