PDA

View Full Version : Santas list has changed totally today!

Dadie
22-Dec-12, 23:27
From wanting a scooter and a pillow pet (cushion) for ages the list has dramatically changed to not wanting them now(or ever) and wanting a hello kitty hideaway and walkie talkies....
Why now?
Pressies are bought and wrapped ...grrr!
Do we stick to our guns and say that is what was on her list when she asked...or do we do the mad chicken ...trying to get the new pressies....and hiding the others until birthday time!

Kenn
22-Dec-12, 23:34
Stick to plan A...explain that Santa has a closing date for requests!

starfish
22-Dec-12, 23:38
i say stick to what she first asked for as every day the kids are bombarded with ads for toys this time of year and they end up wanted every thing just remind her some child get nothing

Dadie
23-Dec-12, 00:51
It was a total panic...but kinda sorted with a goat...a 3rd world goat (not a in the back garden goat) type of adoption...as in santa gets what was origionally on the list only as he has only a short time to get toys ready.....

annemarie482
23-Dec-12, 02:02
This is the exact reason my kids don't get asked! Lol
They write a letter to Santa saying they've tried hard to be good and could they get a special treat for Xmas.
So Xmas is always a suprise as they've no idea what they are getting!
I know what they like ;) and they've never been disappointed yet.
I kinda decided early to do this and try keep it this way,don't want them thinking they always get what they ask for.
Nor sitting with the argos book pointing! :eek: But they always appreciate what they do get.
Makes life easier for santas helpers too ;) lol

joxville
23-Dec-12, 03:33
I've been writing to Santa for the last 9 years asking for Katie Melua for Christmas and I'm still waiting; I've never changed my mind and yet the bearded one hasn't delivered. I'm beginning to think Santa doesn't exist :-(

henry20
23-Dec-12, 08:56
Jox, I'm beginning to think that, in 9 years, you've never behaved enough to get the presents you ask for .................

Of course Santa exists!!

Bobinovich
23-Dec-12, 11:43
Jox, I'm beginning to think that, in 9 years, you've never behaved enough to get the presents you ask for .................

Of course Santa exists!!

Ha...Busted Jox :)!

joxville
23-Dec-12, 19:14
Of course I've behaved, just ask...erm....I'll get back to you.

Dadie
25-Dec-12, 00:15
Katie whatever...has been translated into elf as pants or socks each year....its a language barrier you have to put up with!:)
As well as hankies and a toberone.....

ywindythesecond
25-Dec-12, 01:37
I've been writing to Santa for the last 9 years asking for Katie Melua for Christmas and I'm still waiting; I've never changed my mind and yet the bearded one hasn't delivered. I'm beginning to think Santa doesn't exist :-(
I've got her and she doesn't want to move on.