PDA

View Full Version : Wire haired fox terrier

biskit
22-Dec-12, 10:53
Hi.Does anyone know of any breeders of wire haired fox terriers.I have wanted one of these dogs for years and within the next year the time will be right to finally think about getting one.Does anyone here have one?I have been told they make great family pets as I have two kids who are 4 and 8.I have been looking around but haven't had any luck so far.Thanks:)

M Swanson
22-Dec-12, 11:14
I had a wire haired Jack Russell prior to my Cockers and she was a little beauty. She had a great temperament and excellent with my grandson. As long as you let him/her know who's the alpha, I don't think you could make a better choice for the family. Good luck with your search Biskit. There's a little furry out there somewhere waiting for a good home. :cool: Merry Christmas.

biskit
22-Dec-12, 11:39
I had a Yorkshire terrier,I got him when I was 6 and he lived until I was 21 which was 15 years ago.I have had many pets since then,we lost our cat aged 16 last year,and we have 2 rabbits now,but I would love another dog.
Merry Christmas to you too!

froal
22-Dec-12, 23:25
why don't you try the kennel club web site they have alist of breeders all over the uk or try the Scottish kennel club or the Breed society for this breed would be a better start for your search....Good luck:)

Southern-Gal
23-Dec-12, 00:09
I have a friend in Lancashire who breeds them. Not sure if he has any puppies at the moment but he does have a few bitches so it is possible.
They do have lovely temperaments and are great with small children but game and fun.

biskit
23-Dec-12, 08:59
Thanks for the replies:).I have googled and tried the kennel club and I have found 2 breeders so far but they don't have puppies available very often.I will keep looking around.

mop top
30-Dec-12, 12:35
There are 2 young ones in Balmore at the moment why dont you give a rescue dog a chance?

biskit
30-Dec-12, 13:12
Hi Mop top.I regularly look at the Balmore website.When I looked Molly was already reserved and Murphy could not be rehomed with or near cats.We don't have a cat but my two neighbours have elderly cats.I just had another look and Murphy is now reserved also.I am glad they have found homes though:)

Drigbyy2k
30-Dec-12, 13:32
We have a wire haired fox terrier, had to go to Wales to get him, not many breeders in Scotland I'm afraid.We noticed the two dogs advertised at balmore, they don't look like true wire haired fox terriers to us, maybe a cross with something in there. Try www.pets4homes.co.uk can select the breed your after and distance closest etc. hope it's of some help.

biskit
30-Dec-12, 14:00
Thanks,I will have a look at pets4homes now.As you say,there doesn't seem to be many in Scotland at all.