PDA

View Full Version : Garages festive opening hours

Naefearjustbeer
23-Dec-06, 21:00
Does anyone know if there will be any garages open between Christmas and new year or do they all shut right through?

mr do dar
23-Dec-06, 21:20
tesco is open everyday over the christmas period . is automatic run on christmas and new years day but apart from that its open as normal .

Naefearjustbeer
23-Dec-06, 21:23
Thanks but I am not interested in petrol station was asking about garages.

mama2
24-Dec-06, 17:59
A&L Motors in Thurso is closed Christmas day, Boxing Day but I'm sure it's open again on 27th

concerned resident
25-Dec-06, 02:05
Would not expect many Garages open for repairs before the 3rd of January 07,
and if you require a part from Inverness, you would be lucky if it arrived on the 4th January. You might be lucky and find a one man Garage open for a few hours, but it would all depend on what work you required haveing done, and them haveing access to the parts required. I am afraid this is the world we now live in, it does not pay to give a reduced service, it saves money to stay shut.

Conscience
25-Dec-06, 10:02
Heaven forbid garage workers should want to spend time with their families over the Christmas period, eh? :roll:

concerned resident
25-Dec-06, 11:01
Conscience.
I have no problem with staff wanting time off to be with there family's at Christmas.
Most people are quite happy to have the odd few days at Christmas and New Year, and take there holidays at a different time.
Staff at shops etc, do not get an option, it is the sales time, and they will get a break later when things are quite. I think it is about time Scotland came out of the Dream world, and got back into the real world, then we would not be in the sorry state, we now find our selves in, with a new Year fast approaching.

Naefearjustbeer
25-Dec-06, 16:52
Nah all I need is about 12 inches of pipe for my diesel scavenge pipe along the top of my injectors. A bloomin nice [evil] mouse has been under the bonnet and eaten it twice this week and the second time was late on Saturday evening GRRR!!!! The car is now baited with 2 traps and a bowl of poison. I have managed to bodge a temporary repair to get the car going but I will want to get a prpoer bit of pipe on it as asap.

young
25-Dec-06, 21:24
Conscience.
I have no problem with staff wanting time off to be with there family's at Christmas.
Most people are quite happy to have the odd few days at Christmas and New Year, and take there holidays at a different time.
Staff at shops etc, do not get an option, it is the sales time, and they will get a break later when things are quite. I think it is about time Scotland came out of the Dream world, and got back into the real world, then we would not be in the sorry state, we now find our selves in, with a new Year fast approaching.

what about the people in the war do they get an option? no.they do not get to see there familys at this time of the year . Or the people working offshore they have to work or risk losing there job!!! (my kids dad included)

Naefearjustbeer
26-Dec-06, 11:36
I have it fixed now thanks for the replies :D