PDA

View Full Version : A Different Place??

tip top
23-Dec-06, 20:28
Is it just me or have members noticed that the fun seems to have dissapeared from the forum.....it seems that some posters are just itching to put others down, the latest example was the Sommerfield bag packing thread, a simple request for support appeared to be the catalyst for bringing up the fact tha the poster had previously shown support for the arrival of Tescos...so what? (To save anyone from trawling through the few posts I have made previously, I am not a bag packing supporter).

I have however had a good giggle recently, seeing some of the more millitant members turning from poacher to gamekeeper with the introduction of the new usergroup.

You never know, this could get us back to post without worrying about vultures circling

sweetpea
23-Dec-06, 21:26
Why worry about vultures? Sticks and stones and all that. If someone slags you off take it in your stride.

weeboyagee
23-Dec-06, 21:51
Personally I am glad to see the forums getting back to a bit of normality after the fairly turbulent past few weeks. The Christmas Spirit is starting to affect some of us methinks ;) it certainly affected me the last two weekends!!! oh ma heid!

You'll always get the one or two that post in the manner stated above but that will not change and will never go away - highlighting it also presents the perfect opportunity for those who posted to come back on the issue and there we go - an argument starts.

So on this thread, forget it - onward and upward! Ignore it. And by the way - rather than start a thread about this and make it an issue in itself, post on the thread in question and that way we don't expand the issue.

My opinion anyway.

WBG :cool:

Gogglebox
24-Dec-06, 01:26
Is it just me or have members noticed that the fun seems to have dissapeared from the forum.....it seems that some posters are just itching to put others down, the latest example was the Sommerfield bag packing thread, a simple request for support appeared to be the catalyst for bringing up the fact tha the poster had previously shown support for the arrival of Tescos...so what? (To save anyone from trawling through the few posts I have made previously, I am not a bag packing supporter).

I have however had a good giggle recently, seeing some of the more millitant members turning from poacher to gamekeeper with the introduction of the new usergroup.

You never know, this could get us back to post without worrying about vultures circling

Much is being made of the subjects that are on the Org but if people arent happy with subjects that are up for discussion let me be the blunt one and state the ridiculously obvious

Create a thread of you choice and if its of interest to others they will soon join in

Sometimes there are some that are of no interest to me so i try and think of something to contribute to get things going in a subject that will interest me

The org will only ever be as good as we make it and debate
If every member created atleast one thread per week we would soon have the bustling org you describe

I await a raft of interesting threads from all