PDA

View Full Version : Hot signings news on the Academy front

Nwicker60
20-Dec-12, 15:09
MacKay and Allan stay with the Scorries-Connelly joins as coach

THE high-flying Scorries got a signings boost this week.
The news that captain Sam MacKay has put pen to paper on a four-year extension to his contract, will come as a welcome relief to the fans.
There had been some fears that the Golspie hotshot might be one of the Wick Academy players on Brora’s acquisition list, following the shock defection to Dudgeon Park by short-stay Harmsworth Park boss, Davie Kirkwood.
Another potential target danger man is staying put. Davie Allan has also extended his contract, by two years.
Manager Barry Wilson was “delighted”.
He said: “It’s important that we keep our best players at the club as it gives us the stability we need in order to progress. Almost all of the players are now on longterm contracts, although there are a few of the boys’ contracts coming up for renewal. I’ll be aiming to speak to them over the next few weeks with a view to getting them sorted with similar extensions.”
Another fillip is that former Academy player, Gordon Connelly is coming on board as a coach.
Mr Wilson commented: “I’ve known him for a number of years. He’s a great coach and both my assistant, Titchie Hughes and I are delighted he’s agreed to join us”. Connelly has an impressive pedigree in the game having served with Forres Mechanics as their player-manager and coached at Ross County.
Commenting on the player signings, Wick secretary, Alan Farquhar said: “The committee has put in a lot of hard work behind the scenes in developing the club, on and off the park, and, hopefully, the new contracts will emphasise our commitment.”
All-in-all Academy, currently second in the league table, should be in fine form when they hit the road for their shortest Highland League journey, against Brora, on Saturday.
There will be a police presence in the ground and stewards will have the power to search fans for alcohol. Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated and Brora F.C. say that they reserve the right to remove any offenders from the ground.
Wick supporters will enter Dudgeon Park through the double gates which will be clearly sign-posted and will then be directed to the school end of the ground. They will also be allocated a half of the enclosure.
Car parking is limited but additional space will be available at the primary school.