PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance local?

Southern-Gal
20-Dec-12, 12:13
Who do you insure with up here.
Got my renewal for NFU and its not cheap! Its for a pickup and horse trailer.
Any help please and thanks in advance :)

sam09
24-Dec-12, 13:56
I received my car insurance renewal last week and thought it was a tad high so went on line and was quoted a far cheaper price from the same company for the same car. I gave the same information that I gave when taking out the insurance and when I phoned the company pointing this out, the person I spoke to told me I could not have the insurance at the price quoted on line. Needless to say I have now changed companies and pay much less.

oldchemist
24-Dec-12, 17:16
I received my car insurance renewal last week and thought it was a tad high so went on line and was quoted a far cheaper price from the same company for the same car. I gave the same information that I gave when taking out the insurance and when I phoned the company pointing this out, the person I spoke to told me I could not have the insurance at the price quoted on line. Needless to say I have now changed companies and pay much less.

I had the same experience but just renewed on line - no probs.

Spud
24-Dec-12, 18:33
I just go on a comparison site. Save loads by doing that. Happy searching

Southern-Gal
25-Dec-12, 10:58
It is easy to find loads of cheaper insurance but with a horse trailer not so easy. Only a few offer it as one package and it bumps it up quite a lot. Insuring it separately is more expensive and only availabe through a couple of horse insurance companies who are not cheap. Will keep looking.
Thanks all.