PDA

View Full Version : Council Bins Collection Change

Echick1
18-Dec-12, 16:42
i called the council to find out that Bins that are due to be collected on Tuesday ( Christmas day ) will be collected on Saturday 22nd December.

emmz
18-Dec-12, 22:04
Thanks was wondering what would happen with it nice of them to tell us!

Stack Rock
18-Dec-12, 22:31

Info can be found here or in the local newspaper. Think of the cost if each householder had to be contacted individually.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?193914-Refuse-and-recycling-festive-arrangements

Moira
18-Dec-12, 22:49

They did tell us. It was in the local press and also here:-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?193914-Refuse-and-recycling-festive-arrangements

It's not difficult to work out that there would be a change of schedule if Christmas day fell on one of the bin collection days.

The guys who uplift the rubbish do a sterling job. It's not their fault that others are incapable of understanding their schedule and the fact that Highland Council actually allow them Christmas day off. I think they deserve much more. :D

Torvaig
19-Dec-12, 00:38
The binmen recently left a sticky label on my bin with all the holiday details on it and there are contact numbers on the calendars which tell us which bins are emptied on which days.

poppett
20-Dec-12, 15:40
Our green bin was stickered last collection day with the festive arrangements on.

secrets in symmetry
20-Dec-12, 15:43
Our green bin was stickered last collection day with the festive arrangements on.A festive party for green bins! That sounds good - can I come? What's the dress code?

laguna2
20-Dec-12, 15:47
A festive party for green bins! That sounds good - can I come? What's the dress code?

Think it will be a green plastic mac and green wellies!

Eilanboy
20-Dec-12, 16:03

Do I hear an apology