PDA

View Full Version : next retail park ?

lynne duncan
22-Dec-06, 19:56
according to the groat, scapa properties are planning to erect a class 1 retail unit on land to the south of aikerness on the a99,
is this where the tesco roundabout leads too?
does anyone know anything about this, just wondering as dad was asking and I haven't heard

katarina
22-Dec-06, 19:58
I heard Mataland was coming there and pizza hut.

adasco69
22-Dec-06, 20:04
And Next possibly?Pizza Hut would be nice.:D

scorrie
22-Dec-06, 20:40
according to the groat, scapa properties are planning to erect a class 1 retail unit on land to the south of aikerness on the a99,
is this where the tesco roundabout leads too?
does anyone know anything about this, just wondering as dad was asking and I haven't heard

Is this Class 1 Erection a back-up in case Tesco flops? ;o)

dirdyweeker
23-Dec-06, 01:10
maybe it is where Tesco are going to resite their windmills......more sheltered behind the store! The Caithness wind not so liable to strike there.....:lol: :lol:

quirbal
23-Dec-06, 18:24
more shops thats great

mr do dar
23-Dec-06, 23:31
hopefully if they start building there it will be something like t.k max land of leather etc etc something that will bring more jobs and people to caithness because once dounreay goes there will be a big unemployment in caithness and people will start going south again looking for jobs

Fran
24-Dec-06, 01:09
You can see the start of the new road into the new retail park as you go round the red roundabout at Tesco's. i know the opticians is going there which seems a bit out of the way for pensioners and disabled to get to.

Gogglebox
24-Dec-06, 01:50
It would be great if Matalan and a Fast Food franchaise came to Wick or Thurso.

98elite
24-Dec-06, 01:57
hopefully if they start building there it will be something like t.k max land of leather etc etc something that will bring more jobs and people to caithness because once dounreay goes there will be a big unemployment in caithness and people will start going south again looking for jobs

Someone better start planting some money tree's quick to help keep all these shops open, once Dounreay goes.............................................. ...nothing.

I'm all for better choice when shopping local but something big needs to arrive on our Caithness doorsteps quick if these stores are to have longterm future up here, two thousand well paid workers and many local sub contractors out of work = so many yet to be answered questions on the future of Caithness.

bagpuss
30-Dec-06, 20:42
I'd heard M&S, Next, Texstyle World and Monsoon have signed up for it- and that they're building a new housing estate on the big field at Westerseat. Anyone else heard any more? Seems the trade is all going to be on the Wick side. Matalan appear to have taken the Somerfield building- they ahve the same parent company and MacDonalds have bought the old Caithness Glass building. Ernest Jones have bought out a local jeweller- anyone know which?

mickey boy
30-Dec-06, 23:40
People in the county are wondering why all these retail units are coming to Caithness and new housing developments are springing up in the Thurso area at a pace that does not reflect the current situation in Dounreay.

There have been a large number of local well qualified engineers going to Aberdeen with massive money incentivies in Oil & Gas to the detriment of the county.

There is a BIG recruitment drive by Agencies in Aberdeen - what for you may ask !

There is speculation that a new satelllite building will be located in Caithness, OIL & Gas related, to keep engineers from travelling to Aberdeen undertaking work that could be done in Caithness. :confused

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 00:24
I notice that quite a few of the Tesco staff used to work in Homebase-or Somerfield or the Co-op. So does that mean their old jobs have gone unfilled?

Does anyone know which optician is planning the out of town slot? is it Specsavers/Vision Express or Tesco's own opticians?

And what happened to that dental school.....???

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 00:31
And what happened to that dental school.....???49 Minutes Ago 22:40

Do you mean the one at lochshel? Well its up and running its got Dental students who are finishing of their last year.

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 00:42
Glad to hear it- about time too. Last time I went for a look round the business park the units were all empty. What's going into the other units- and how's the call centre doing?

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 00:46
Im not sure whats goin in the other units i havent heard anything..No too sure how the call centre is doin either...Dont have much inof on that!

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 00:52
A no frills Nail bar would be nice- or a book store, Starbucks, Travel Inn etc

jinglejangle
31-Dec-06, 00:54
A no frills Nail bar would be nice- or a book store, Starbucks, Travel Inn etc

castletown hairdresser got a survey out just now asking what interest there would be for a nail bar

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 00:59
Yes- but we want one in a retail park- where we can park cars and not get done for being on a double yellow line. And Casteltwon is too far to go- it has to be closer to Wick

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 01:01
OoOoOoOo...A nail bar coooooool. Hope that happens!!:)

catherine nicol
31-Dec-06, 02:42
Yes- but we want one in a retail park- where we can park cars and not get done for being on a double yellow line. And Casteltwon is too far to go- it has to be closer to Wick

A nail bar in Castletown would be great, it is on route to Wick from Thurso and would be an excellent way to unwind after a day in Wick when going home.

Hope that this gets the local votes as it would be good for someone local to succeed too.

Good luck with this venture.

connieb19
31-Dec-06, 03:13
What's a nail bar..is it any different from what any of the beauty places can already do now? :confused

robglysen
31-Dec-06, 12:09
Some better shopping in thruso would be nice, somerfields dont stock shelves and charge way too much

cesare
31-Dec-06, 12:18
Is this Class 1 Erection a back-up in case Tesco flops? ;o)

i dont honestly think tescos will be flopping i was speaking to a staff member the other day and she said they made over 700.000 on christmas eve i think its doing a great job keep it up hope more comes up more variety and choice

katarina
31-Dec-06, 15:16
I'd heard M&S, Next, Texstyle World and Monsoon have signed up for it- and that they're building a new housing estate on the big field at Westerseat. Anyone else heard any more? Seems the trade is all going to be on the Wick side. Matalan appear to have taken the Somerfield building- they ahve the same parent company and MacDonalds have bought the old Caithness Glass building. Ernest Jones have bought out a local jeweller- anyone know which?

Oh, please no! Not a housing site at Weaterseat! Goodbye peaceful life with wonderful countryside views! I'm moving.

Cattach
31-Dec-06, 16:08
All this is Alice in Wonderland stuff!! Lucky if all the shops on the South Road survive the long winter months - ie Septembet to June! You can be assured that there will not even be many tills open in Tesco once we get past the festive period rush.

watman
31-Dec-06, 18:05

Bagpuss just wondered where you have got your info from? sounds a bit of a fantasy to be honest.

rfr10
31-Dec-06, 18:21

Unless Next, M and S and McDonalds are telling a load of lies then they won't be coming up. When I emailed them they said that they had no plans to open up a store in Wick but would take my suggestion for a store into consideration so unless they did take my suggestion into consideration which I don't think they would have then not sure what's happenin but I suppose Pets at Home said the exact same thing to me and now they are here. You can't really believe anything until you see it.

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 19:16
A contact who works for Matalan in London tipped me off about their move in to Wick. She heard about the other stores coming as well. (She's a former Caithness resident)