PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks?

Dadie
16-Dec-12, 02:21
Which shops have fireworks for sale for the new year?
I know its contreversal etc...
Fireworks at home/big displays etc...
Burns and animals etc.....
But we have done a wee show every year on the 1st as it is Euans birthday and everyone is hungover/ not really in party mood etc/..
and neighbours etc are warned about it....well in advance(if not invited)
He gets a cake and a wee toy from all..but the last couple of years has gotten loads of fireworks too.....so it has started a tradition...that ends in a bang splutter slight whizz etc....
Thanks!

Droopy
16-Dec-12, 10:01
Dadie,
I think I remember you asking the same question on here last year.
At the risk of sounding too practical, why, if it's become an annual event do you just not buy an extra box etc at bonfire night and keep it somewhere safe for two months?
As you say, less places, if any sell them at New Year and it would save you worrying about it on the 'Org' at half one in the morning.....

Dadie
16-Dec-12, 10:37
No I didnt ask the same question last year....last year I had the fireworks....
I dont really like to keep fireworks in the house/shed for more than a couple of weeks at most.
Besides I was still up wrapping pressies....trying to get organised for Christmas.

golach
16-Dec-12, 10:50
Dadie,
I think I remember you asking the same question on here last year.
At the risk of sounding too practical, why, if it's become an annual event do you just not buy an extra box etc at bonfire night and keep it somewhere safe for two months?
As you say, less places, if any sell them at New Year and it would save you worrying about it on the 'Org' at half one in the morning.....

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?165639-Fireworks!&highlight=fireworks

Show me where Dadie was asking for fireworks on this post Droopy?

outsidethebox
16-Dec-12, 11:11
...and as for advising someone to keep explosives around the place for 2 months how irresponsible is that!

lots of good fireworks info here http://www.firework-review.org.uk

KAT1E
16-Dec-12, 18:16
dunno - but good of you to let folk know so they can watch their pets and animals :)

rogermellie
16-Dec-12, 21:05
so where did you get your fireworks from last year ? ... maybe you could go there again this year and buy some more :roll:

sids
16-Dec-12, 22:19
For healthy fun, why not make your own?

There are bound to be some good instructions on the Internet.

Shaggy
17-Dec-12, 01:08
For healthy fun, why not make your own?

There are bound to be some good instructions on the Internet.

Yeah and im sure once you try and order the necessary chemicals, the SWAT team will come knocking! :eek:

rogermellie
17-Dec-12, 01:52
Yeah and im sure once you try and order the necessary chemicals, the SWAT team will come knocking! :eek:

thanks for explaining the joke

igglepiggle
17-Dec-12, 12:38
They are on sale at Lidls

Dadie
17-Dec-12, 23:30
Thanks igglepiggle!
They go on sale on the 26th!
Popped through to Wick after seeing your post...will go again on boxing day!
Was wondering why I hadnt seen any on sale for Christmas/New Year by now....and having a bit of a panic....
I dont really like having fireworks in the house or shed for more than a few days...just incase...
And yes I do like people to know around us there will be fireworks for pets and livestock etc....because its darn annoying if you dont know!
But the fireworks will be going off about 6pmish...and not for long....20 mins most I reckon...even if everyone takes fireworks for his birthday!