PDA

View Full Version : Who would you be from a tolkien novel ?

Green_not_greed
14-Dec-12, 21:19
Not his full suite of books, but who's your favourite Lord of The Rings or The Hobbit character? If you had to be one, who would you be?

I'd definitely be Aragorn, though part of my dark side fancies the Witch King of Angmar. As I age, it'll probably be Gandalf as prime choice. You?

:)

outsidethebox
14-Dec-12, 21:21
Without any doubt at all Tom Bombadil,

Bill Fernie
14-Dec-12, 21:24
I am already in the books
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_Ferny

Ballymore
14-Dec-12, 21:31
Son wants to be Sauron - his evil side; Bilbo - his good side.

I want to be one of those walking trees - Ents!

Green_not_greed
14-Dec-12, 21:39
I am already in the books
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Bill_Ferny

Bill

Are you really sure you want to keep that post - I know you're not like that !

M Swanson
14-Dec-12, 21:47
Definitely Arwen. She was beautiful and a hopeless romantic. Chase me Aragorn a.k.a Green_not_Greed! :)

Green_not_greed
14-Dec-12, 21:54
Definitely Arwen. She was beautiful and a hopeless romantic. Chase me Aragorn a.k.a Green_not_Greed! :)

Well I'm just divorced but still in Caithness so not much chance of that as you're in Hampshire......... Thanks tho' ;)

crayola
14-Dec-12, 21:57
No-one. I hated everything Tolkein wrote.

gleeber
14-Dec-12, 22:38
I never read any of that stuff either but I saw one of the Lord of the Rings movies and is was the most awful experience Ive had at the cinema. I had to sit it out because my youngest daughter was with me and unlike the Harry Potter movie where I fell asleep the Lord of the Rings had the most freakish animation i've ever seen and I didnt like it.
The Hobbits likely to be much the same although anyone ive met who've read it are hooked. I widna mind being the accountant.

olivia
16-Dec-12, 00:30
Just been to see the Hobbit - fab, brill, loved it, tied in great with Lotr films. Can't wait to go again and music is still going round my head.

I'd be Eowen (not sure if I've got the right spelling) so tough, feisty and kills the Witch King of Angmar - what a heroine.

Rheghead
17-Dec-12, 18:07
I've always thought that there were many places in Caithness that sound very Middle Earthesque but when I saw that some fantasist had named their house after where Frodo got stabbed by the nazgool(sp) then that took the biscuit.

Flynn
17-Dec-12, 18:58
I've always thought that there were many places in Caithness that sound very Middle Earthesque but when I saw that some fantasist had named their house after where Frodo got stabbed by the nazgool(sp) then that took the biscuit.

Tolkien was fascinated by languages, and was a master at inventing them. Many of the names in his stories are based on old English/Welsh/Gaelic. The language of the Elves is reminiscent of Welsh.

ianmac
17-Dec-12, 21:24

What ! There's a house in Caithness called Weathertop ?

George Brims
18-Dec-12, 02:45
Whichever one gets to sleep with Arwen.

Green_not_greed
18-Dec-12, 18:27

Well I've lived in two houses in Caithness with Tolkien-inspired names, none of which I named myself. There are a good few around. I did name one "Revelstone" however after the original Thomas Covenant trilogy.

PeteSeeker
23-Dec-12, 23:38
No-one. I hated everything Tolkein wrote.I have to say I am a grown up so I find some if it cheesy, but hate is a strong emotion!

Hobbit
25-Dec-12, 02:27
....er guess?

Kenn
27-Dec-12, 00:11
The Lady of Lothorien..so I could be my own person.

Metalattakk
30-Dec-12, 03:15
What ! There's a house in Caithness called Weathertop ?

And there wis me thinking of thon wee hoosie in Castle Street called 'Choost Aside 'e Left Oxter'.