PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Calendar 2007

burstbucker
22-Dec-06, 17:28
Just got a copy of the new Caithness calendar for 2007. Got to admit I'm very disappointed with it. What do you think?

lin
22-Dec-06, 17:41
We should do an org calander (all monies collected to charity). Some lovely photos in the org.

Jeemag_USA
22-Dec-06, 17:53
Totally agree with you, no offence to Mr Parkes but it looks like a last minute rushed submission. The only photo I really liked was the one of Brough, its the only one that shows imagination. Last years calender was far far better, and I am sure there are a better collection of photos that could represent Caithness than this. Last May we got wild garlic and bluebells in Stemster wood, this year we get the same in April? There is not really any originality in this calender and unfortunately its already been shoved in a drawer, but at least I never paid for it :lol:

Messrs Parkes and North of Scotland newspapers can do much better I feel, they proved that last year.

johno
22-Dec-06, 19:07
Just got a copy of the new Caithness calendar for 2007. Got to admit I'm very disappointed with it. What do you think?
I agree entirely I bought some to send to my Canadian relatives & I too was disappointed

SNOWDOG
23-Dec-06, 00:05
Ive thought about sending the Caithness calendar to my mate overseas for the past 6 or 7 years, but unfortunatly every time i check it out in DR Simpsons it contains photos of a broken gate in Upper Gills or a dirt track in somewhere ive never even heard of! Its a shame.. :(

Fran
24-Dec-06, 01:20
We should do an org calander (all monies collected to charity). Some lovely photos in the org.

How about one of those naked calendars, in good taste, like the john O'Groats lads did and the WRVS old ladies did, with the orgers and raise money for charity at the same time?!

Gogglebox
24-Dec-06, 01:32
How about one of those naked calendars, in good taste, like the john O'Groats lads did and the WRVS old ladies did, with the orgers and raise money for charity at the same time?!

So what month are you putting yourself down for Fran??

crayola
24-Dec-06, 02:45
How about one of those naked calendars, in good taste, like the john O'Groats lads did and the WRVS old ladies did, with the orgers and raise money for charity at the same time?!I've done a dozen calendars and ten times as many 'suitable' photo-shoots over the years. Not sure I can retrieve the rights to the photies but it'd be fun to stun the friends and family. ;)

Cattach
24-Dec-06, 09:42

It is a dreadful callendar and the pics could have been taken just about anywhere in the country. It does not have the mark of Caithness on it. Martina Croft tried to get interest in a calandar she produced but the Groat did not seem interested. She did a 50 copy limited addition on her own printer - superb. For really great pics look at her site martinecrossphotography.com and be amazed.

kwbrown111
24-Dec-06, 09:53
Just wondering if Bill is doing one this year as the org one was excellent last year

Cattach
24-Dec-06, 09:53
It is a dreadful callendar and the pics could have been taken just about anywhere in the country. It does not have the mark of Caithness on it. Martina Croft tried to get interest in a calandar she produced but the Groat did not seem interested. She did a 50 copy limited addition on her own printer - superb. For really great pics look at her site martinecrossphotography.com and be amazed.

Typing not what it used to be - web site is martinacrossphotography.com

Tiger Jones
24-Dec-06, 11:05
Typing not what it used to be - web site is martinacrossphotography.com
T'isn't .com - t'is .co.uk ;)

airdlass
24-Dec-06, 11:20
Stunning photos but it's sold out!:~(

Cattach
24-Dec-06, 11:27
T'isn't .com - t'is .co.uk ;)

Sorry. Preparing the Turkey is getting to me. Great site, however, and though the calendar was sold out in hours a look at the site is well worth the time. Luckily I got a copy. Next year she may get a publisher and I hope the Groat is listening because it is a huindred times better than anything they have produced at any time in the recent past.

Fran
26-Dec-06, 01:26
So what month are you putting yourself down for Fran??Id have to be December with a big turkey in front of me to hide my bits!!!!!!!

I've done a dozen calendars and ten times as many 'suitable' photo-shoots over the years. Not sure I can retrieve the rights to the photies but it'd be fun to stun the friends and family.

oooooh tell us more Crayola!!:Razz

webmannie
26-Dec-06, 10:45
Next year she may get a publisher and I hope the Groat is listening because it is a huindred times better than anything they have produced at any time in the recent past.

Yes much better, Martina should go for it hersel. If people start booking next years one now, she'll get an idea how popular it's going to be. Martina has done an excellent job of the Limited Edition, if only she had some left, i'd buy more.

cuddlepop
26-Dec-06, 10:58
Was going to buy it myself and decided not as like people have said its disappointing:(
We suggested making one up from the Org pictures but nothing happened,such a pity as there's some crackers.