PDA

View Full Version : photo formats to DVD player ?

08-Feb-05, 12:04
OK heres one for the geeks and techies amongst y'all:

bloke has a PC onto which he stores his photos from his camera. Also has a CDRW on the PC. Now he wants to view the photos from the PC on either of his DVD players (he has 2) which both support VCD format, so that he will be able to see the photos on his TV. ( user is visually impaired so this is why he wants to use this method).

He presumed that all he had to do was to copy the photos to CD and place it into the DVD player - but that doesn't work.

So the question is this: how does he convert the photos format to one which the DVD players will read and display ?

I think that the photos are all in JPEG format.

EDDIE
08-Feb-05, 12:50
Well will have to check first whether the dvd supports jpeg format and that both dvd players support the use of cdrw disk or cd-r?.
If you didnt have the software supplied with the camera for making up a slideshow I use dvd picture show software which i got when i bought my dvd writer.you can get other similar software out of computershop or try www.download.com were you can download trial version of the software before you buy.But some of the files on download.com are big and really needs broad band for downloading
But to be quite honest with you ive always found the quality is far better on the pc than on tv.
Have a look on www.download.com and type in picture show or slideshow to give you a better idea

The Angel Of Death
08-Feb-05, 16:01
The software you are looking for can be found here with info on how to work it etc (And also certain p2p networks)

http://www.picturetotv.com/

The processing time to make a disk will depending on the amount of photo's and music you attach to it and the vcd option can look grainey and not very good but does the job if thats what your after you might have problems with the disks in some dvd players (most nowadays seem to play vcds / svcds no problems however)

However with the dvd plug in thats what makes it really good

Used this myself to make a couple of dvd's for family not round here anymore and they were all very impressed with the dvd's it produced as well

Zael
08-Feb-05, 16:13
If you already have Nero Burning Rom (v5 upwards), one of the most popular bundled software with the dvd/cdrw drive, then it has the facility to create picture VCDs or SVCDs.

09-Feb-05, 21:04
Muchas Gracias y'all - that info is just what I was looking for.

I actually have Nero 5 and another OEM version of Nero but never knew that it could produce VCD format - I'll have to try it out.
And I also have some software my daughter got with her camera which will do the same so will give that a spin as well.