PDA

View Full Version : why should i leave?...so I wont, and thankyou

Fran
22-Dec-06, 01:18
I am overwhelmed by the support i received following my post "accident..if you plan to come through milton around 6pm you might not get through due to a bad accident".
I was later going to post a warning about oil on the road in that area but thought i had better not and this is my only post since then.I was shocked by the number of replies to my post, and how a simple traffic warning could cause so much trouble.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_121.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) I would like to thank all the orgers and moderators who sent me a total of 69 private messages of support and i have been trying to thank each and everyone of you. I cant beleive so many of you have asked me to stay and not go.
So why should i go? Well I wont, im staying put and I'm sorry to a certain 4 orgers who will not be happy about this. The majority want me to stay and I am more than happy too. I feel I have gained many friends and your support was overwelming, i cannot thank you all enough.
I would also like to thank the 2 persons involved in that accident who have supported me and said my post was a good thing to put on to caithness org.
So unlike what three orger s said, no, the family were not upset by it.
The turning point was in a message from wish "Be who you are and say what you want because those that mind dont matter and those that matter dont mind".
So I am back to say what i want in posts on caithness org, and thankyou all....apart from 4......so very, very much. Fran x

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZN (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZN&utm_id=7925)

Scunner
22-Dec-06, 01:41
Good on you Fran. Stick with it.

JAWS
22-Dec-06, 01:43
Well, I know what I will not be doing in future. However dangerous the situation is I will be saying nothing and if anybody ends up seriously injured or worse I shall not give it a second though.

Big Jean
22-Dec-06, 04:59
Good for you Fran . Glad to see you are staying .

brokencross
22-Dec-06, 08:11
Good on you Fran. Great news that you are staying, don't let a vocal minority get you down.

rfr10
22-Dec-06, 12:37
:confused Oh no.. I've been given a bad reputation by mamabear for writing: "Yes, Ok I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying you could have put it a more polite way." Hrm... bad rep for that...?? Sorry for writing such a bad thing.. Oh well, doesn't change my reputation much anyway, still have 70 green points so nevermind.

lin
22-Dec-06, 12:52
Well done Fran! Nice to see you back.

MadPict
22-Dec-06, 12:54
I was later going to post a warning about oil on the road in that area...

Could that have been seen as pouring oil on troubled Orgers? :D

Glad you have reconsidered Fran.

jinglejangle
22-Dec-06, 13:20
without appearing cheeky i don't believe anyone actually asked you to leave - or at least i would hope they didn't over a posting. that is why i feel it would be better if people took stock of the situation before making any grand statements over leaving as when the heat is taken out of the situation it never seems so bad.

with regard to the oil being on the road i would have notified the police and then let them deal with it with the appropriate signage.

welcome back!

rfr10
22-Dec-06, 13:50
Thanks Colin and Henry20 for the rep. points didn't expect that but much appreciated!

Through
22-Dec-06, 13:54
with regard to the oil being on the road i would have notified the police and then let them deal with it with the appropriate signage.

welcome back!

The police? Here? I saw them in action at a very icy bend where five cars were already in the ditch. They sprang into action all right. They went round taking names and addresses of everybody there. Ever so helpful they were. It helped the continuing influx of traffic no end.

Through
22-Dec-06, 13:56
Fran, I'm very glad you're staying.

gollach
22-Dec-06, 14:04
The police? Here? I saw them in action at a very icy bend where five cars were already in the ditch. They sprang into action all right. They went round taking names and addresses of everybody there. Ever so helpful they were. It helped the continuing influx of traffic no end.

Have to agree with you there, Through. Twice this year I have been caught in long queues of traffic on the outskirts of Thurso because the police failed to put up any form of accident or "road closed" signs following an accident. Some form of warning before you reach the last possible diversion would help motorists and also remove the voyeur element when loads of cars are stuck waiting for a road to be cleared.

johno
22-Dec-06, 14:23
Fran, why on earth were you thinking of leaving in the first place, I read your post & i didnt see anything in it to offend. You did,nt give out any names or details. You only warned people that there might be a hold up on the road that night. So just you stay with us. :)
Ps ,A Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year to you & your family. Happy posting.

Johno:lol:

jinglejangle
22-Dec-06, 14:25
Have to agree with you there, Through. Twice this year I have been caught in long queues of traffic on the outskirts of Thurso because the police failed to put up any form of accident or "road closed" signs following an accident. Some form of warning before you reach the last possible diversion would help motorists and also remove the voyeur element when loads of cars are stuck waiting for a road to be cleared.

some form of warning but we all saw what happened with fran's warning - nearly resulted in her leaving. should there be a traffic section on the forum where people can put in information but those that may be offended stay clear of it?

Jeemag_USA
22-Dec-06, 14:42
Wise decision ;)

Liz
22-Dec-06, 14:44
So glad you are staying Fran.

Wouldn't be the same without you!:D

gollach
22-Dec-06, 14:55
some form of warning but we all saw what happened with fran's warning - nearly resulted in her leaving. should there be a traffic section on the forum where people can put in information but those that may be offended stay clear of it?

A message on the Org wasn't what I had in mind ;)

Something more official, like one of those temporary Police warning signs on the verge was what I was thinking about. Or a police car diverting cars before they reach the scene of the incident? Police down south seem to manage this.

MadPict
22-Dec-06, 15:59
gollach - I think the cops down here (south of Inverness) have a few more 'bodies' to play with than they have to hand in Caithness. How many are on duty at normal times in the likes of Wick or Thurso, to probably cover the whole of the county?

Mizpah
22-Dec-06, 16:04
just delighted to hear your news Fran that you are staying, look forward to seeing more of your posts.:D

EDDIE
22-Dec-06, 17:13
Welcome back fran

peedie man
22-Dec-06, 18:38
good to see your staying Fran

Ricco
22-Dec-06, 18:49
Well done, Fran. The majority say 'STAY' and those few who were negative could do someting far more useful like thread a large needle through their nostrils. Ooooh, ouch! ;)

danc1ngwitch
22-Dec-06, 18:52
See people do support one an other even at this very stressful time of year thats how we make it through... Dusty Old Org ain't that bad a place after all it just seems like it from time to time... Takes broom from cupboard ( na ain;t gonna fly tonight lol ) cough cough.. Yep I just swept some of the Dust into Yahoo [lol] Glad your staying Fran x

katarina
22-Dec-06, 19:56
put it this way - if you met a friend on the street and they had just passed an accident on the road, it would be the first thing they would tell you. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought of the community of orgers in the same vein as friends, and passing on a piece of news is something friends do. ESPECIALLY if it will prevent them making an unneccessary journey. Sometimes we disagree, sometimes there is a bit of gossip, a lot of times just a good crack - just like friends. As with any group of friends and aquaintances there are the ones we get on with, the ones we tolerate and the ones we would rather avoid.
So how do the rest of you see us then?
Good on you Fran, by the way.

Piglet
23-Dec-06, 00:54
Glad to hear you are staying Fran

Venture
23-Dec-06, 01:18
You've made the right decision Fran you've been part of the org for so long it would have been a shame to see you go. Keep on posting, See you at the weekend re the dog.

Wish
23-Dec-06, 01:21
Fran, I haven't been on the Org for a few days, but I just wanted to say I am so pleased to hear you are staying, and am also glad that the little saying helped in your decision.

Welcome back:D

PS: I have only just found the rep function and wanted to thank everyone that has put a nice message in there x :cool:
xxx

Saveman
23-Dec-06, 13:49
Glad to hear you're staying Fran