PDA

View Full Version : PC police?

cuddlepop
21-Dec-06, 23:25
Thought I'd share this with my fellow Orgers.
Do you know that bab bab black sheep has now become bab bab wooly sheep.The blackboard is now called the chalkboard.:confused
Gospel according to Ms Cp who is studying childcare at college.

Jeemag_USA
21-Dec-06, 23:39
Thats funny. The blackboard has always been called chalkboard in the states, mainly because they were seldom always black and quite often dark green.

There is an advert over here in that states just now for Harley Davidson, it starts with a huge flock of sheep running through the fields and suddenly all the black sheep split from the pack and go off on their own, they make their way into a town where rock mucis is playing and its full of bikers and drunken rabbles, impying all black sheep are rebels and ride Harley's ...its so stupid :lol:

mums angels
21-Dec-06, 23:43
my kids say they don't use a chalkboard ..it is a white board that they use at school now :)

changilass
22-Dec-06, 00:34
Phoned RNID yesterday to see what teaching aids they have as I am wanting to teach a child fingerspelling.

Explaining MIL was deaf and dumb, immediately pounced on being told 'we don't use that term any more, its profoundly deaf', in a very snotty voice, explained as that is how MIL describes herself it is good enough for me, the lady then apologised.

Still only managed to get a couple of a5 cards of fingerspelling - they certainly don't make it easy. It was suggested I find evening classes in local area, not very helpful when hubby works shifts.

Wellies
22-Dec-06, 12:17
Our family has always called them Bleedy Puddings. You can get the strangest looks in a cafe when you ask for them.

Through
22-Dec-06, 14:02
I demand the right to use the name black for the colour black. What on earth else would we call it? I drive a black car, not a dark, dark car. For goodness sake people, put your ever so clever brains to better use. God wants you to use your talents, not abuse them.

Naefearjustbeer
22-Dec-06, 16:09
Black is Black and White is White. I really do not understand all this PC nonsence. If something is black its black and call it what it is. We are talking about animals in nursery rymes for goodness sake.

Jeemag_USA
22-Dec-06, 16:20
I think that it is a ploy by White Supremacists that black boards are now being replaced with white boards, and the FBI are covering it up as best they can by closing down chalk factories and giving governemt grants to manufacturers of dry marker pens :lol:

Through
23-Dec-06, 12:51
I think that it is a ploy by White Supremacists that black boards are now being replaced with white boards, and the FBI are covering it up as best they can by closing down chalk factories and giving governemt grants to manufacturers of dry marker pens :lol:

God Jeemag, are they doing that too? I know they're a bit extreme, but do you really think they would go that far?

Whitewater
23-Dec-06, 17:06
Things have gone from bad to worse eversince they took the Golly Wog of the Robertsons jam labels.

Being politically correct only works in one direction. If you call somebody a black so & so you will be in big trouble, however, should he/she call you a white so & so nothing ever happens, you are not taken seriously.

Jeemag_USA
23-Dec-06, 17:14
God Jeemag, are they doing that too? I know they're a bit extreme, but do you really think they would go that far?

I guess we will never know :cool: