PDA

View Full Version : hairdressers in Thurso

MISS K
21-Dec-06, 21:47
As i am moving to thurso in the new year, any tips on trendy hairdressers, in the area, dont want to have to go through the dreaded "bad hair-do" in search of a good hairdresser:D

cuddlepop
21-Dec-06, 21:51
Heidi if you go to the recommendation threads you see one thats been started for hairdressers.I'm sure you'll find a good one there.:D
Unless your female you wont understand how important it is to have and keep a good one.:lol:

Naefearjustbeer
21-Dec-06, 22:03
Heidi if you go to the recommendation threads you see one thats been started for hairdressers.I'm sure you'll find a good one there.:D
Unless your female you wont understand how important it is to have and keep a good one.:lol:

Going by some of the hairstyles I see the young lads with and I use the word style loosly. I think a lot of them may just spend as much time as the girls at the hairdressers and just as long getting ready for a night out. However I dont know where lads go for the doos they have but I would struggle to recomend who ever it is that is doing it to them. They strut about the pub with there stupid looking tints and mohicans thinking they are cool with more hairspray and gel than the girls.

Bobbyian
21-Dec-06, 22:30
Going by some of the hairstyles I see the young lads with and I use the word style loosly. I think a lot of them may just spend as much time as the girls at the hairdressers and just as long getting ready for a night out. However I dont know where lads go for the doos they have but I would struggle to recomend who ever it is that is doing it to them. They strut about the pub with there stupid looking tints and mohicans thinking they are cool with more hairspray and gel than the girls.

Maybe they think they are Dinasaurs with all those spikes but, on the other hand can`t you remember rubbing in the Brilcream to get that perfect wave Sorry Heidi didn't mean to hijack your thread

bobsgirl
21-Dec-06, 22:36
I do know that Shear Genius on Princes Street is a barber's as well as a hairdressers. Never heard of any bad reputation there. A few of my friends go there.
Hope you enjoy Thurso when you finally arrive Heidi!!

Naefearjustbeer
21-Dec-06, 22:38
Never used brylcream not old enough for that. just old enoughg to realise how silly they look strutting around like peacocks, Whatever next? will they be getting purses and wearing make up :roll: :lol: . As for hairdressers I think there are quite a few good ones around the town. My wife is certainly happy with the one she uses. As too which one it is I have no idea. My hairdresser is a set of clippers from argos. Low maintenance style for me and a wee bit of polish to keep my bald bit shiny and away I go.

mums angels
21-Dec-06, 23:17
I do know that Shear Genius on Princes Street is a barber's as well as a hairdressers. Never heard of any bad reputation there. A few of my friends go there.
Hope you enjoy Thurso when you finally arrive Heidi!!

Is that the one on the right when you go down the street? ... i took the wee man there for a quick cut a couple of months ago and you remember how that turned out bobsgirl:eek:

Hair at 21 is very good for men, women and children ...

mums angels
21-Dec-06, 23:20
Never used brylcream not old enough for that. just old enoughg to realise how silly they look strutting around like peacocks, Whatever next? will they be getting purses and wearing make up . As for hairdressers I think there are quite a few good ones around the town. My wife is certainly happy with the one she uses. As too which one it is I have no idea. My hairdresser is a set of clippers from argos. Low maintenance style for me and a wee bit of polish to keep my bald bit shiny and away I go.

Do you have any hair?....LOL. I can't remember seeing any:lol:

Jeemag_USA
21-Dec-06, 23:44
I always used ot get my hair cut at Jeanettes, don't know if it is still there, up and round the corner from The Comm. Never had a bad hair cut there thats why I kept going back, I was a regular.

Buttercup
21-Dec-06, 23:59
Blow Your Top (Sir John's Square) will always be tops for me. [lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Dec-06, 00:51
Best name for a hairdressers, ever: Curl Up & Dye.

Through
22-Dec-06, 14:58
Best name for a hairdressers, ever: Curl Up & Dye.

How about: A Bit Off the Top that was a topless hairdressers.

There has also been: A Bit Off the Bottom and yes, that was the same people. I think both were shut down.

whatsherface
23-Dec-06, 01:05
I recommend Hair at 21 on Sinclair Street.

gollach
23-Dec-06, 01:48
I always used ot get my hair cut at Jeanettes, don't know if it is still there, up and round the corner from The Comm. Never had a bad hair cut there thats why I kept going back, I was a regular.

I used to be a regular too until one day some years ago the hairdresser couldn't find the clippers. She asked someone else and was told that another member of staff had taken them home the night before to cut their dog's coat. :roll:

I went somewhere else after that.

Naefearjustbeer
23-Dec-06, 03:50
Better used to clip the dog than to give the hairdresser a landing strip LOL!!