PDA

View Full Version : Selective hearing

EOS
10-Dec-12, 18:32
The president of the European Commission, Jose Manuel Barroso, has said that any
new independent country would have to apply to join the EU

The president's comments came despite Scottish ministers insisting an
independent Scotland would negotiate its position "from within".

Mr Barroso told the the position was set out in clear legal terms

Responding to Mr Barroso's intervention - described by Prime Minister David
Cameron as "significant" - Scottish Deputy First minister Nicola Sturgeon said
the SNP government did not agree that an independent Scotland would have to
reapply for European Union membership[lol]

ywindythesecond
10-Dec-12, 19:33
The president of the European Commission, Jose Manuel Barroso, has said that any
new independent country would have to apply to join the EU

The president's comments came despite Scottish ministers insisting an
independent Scotland would negotiate its position "from within".

Mr Barroso told the the position was set out in clear legal terms

Responding to Mr Barroso's intervention - described by Prime Minister David
Cameron as "significant" - Scottish Deputy First minister Nicola Sturgeon said
the SNP government did not agree that an independent Scotland would have to
reapply for European Union membership[lol]

You couldn't invent it!

The Scotsman report
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-nicola-sturgeon-seeks-urgent-talks-after-fresh-warning-over-eu-membership-1-2683922

includes this summary

• Independent Scotland could be forced to adopt euro currency and open borders agreement

Imagine, no border control with continental Europe but passports needed at Gretna! (To buy English pounds with Scottish euros!!)

M Swanson
10-Dec-12, 20:29
Ah! Now you can add all this to the other information you have, before deciding whether Independence is really such a good thing. If you think Salmond and Sturgeon can negotiate good terms for Scotland, then you may be in for quite a shock. You'll be a small country with little clout and the EU masters will win the day. Get ready, wait for Schengen to be forced on you and watch your country change beyond all recognition. I wouldn't rule out adopting the Euro either. Much easier to pour millions into bail-outs, if the donations are all in the same currency. And then there's always the oil and gas grab. Secretly, I think this may be grasped as a wonderful opportunity for Brussels. I suppose England will have to have border controls? I can't believe it will ever come to this. I pray it won't!

Whitewater
10-Dec-12, 21:27
Just another wee thing that wee Eck and his cronies are talking rubbish about. Does he really think we are all that stupid that we take his word for everything. Our wee man is being caught out almost weekly now with the tall tales he spins. Do we really want a liar like this to lead us into Independence.