PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Moore RIP

secrets in symmetry
09-Dec-12, 13:59
Astronomer and TV legend Patrick Moore has died.

The great man spent a lifetime helping us to see stars, and to understand our place in the Universe.

RIP Patrick.

billmoseley
09-Dec-12, 14:06
a great man will be sadly missed one of those people that have been around all my life. Not keen on the Germans though.

Kodiak
09-Dec-12, 14:33
Requiescat in Pace, Patrick, you were the real Star.

Pouleriscaig
09-Dec-12, 15:28
I was fortunate to have the privilege of interviewing Sir Patrick for an Astronomy programme we used to run each month in 2002 on Caithness F.M. called, 'Clear Skies'.
He willingly gave of his time for this and my enduring humorous memory of him will be of him phoning me a few days before the show to check the details, and telling me I had a funny accent, which I guess to him the Scottish twang must have sounded!

golach
09-Dec-12, 15:36
a Great man, will be sadly missed

joxville
09-Dec-12, 15:54
RIP Sir Patrick, you inspired a love of space in so many of us.

midi2304
09-Dec-12, 17:33
I was fortunate to have the privilege of interviewing Sir Patrick for an Astronomy programme we used to run each month in 2002 on Caithness F.M. called, 'Clear Skies'.
He willingly gave of his time for this and my enduring humorous memory of him will be of him phoning me a few days before the show to check the details, and telling me I had a funny accent, which I guess to him the Scottish twang must have sounded!

Don't suppose you have an MP3 of the interview you could upload? Would love to hear this.

dousslesh
09-Dec-12, 18:48
I too also had the honour of meeting this great man many years ago - he spent most of the time talking about his other great love - cricket !
A remarkable man who inspired a lifetime interest in the moon, the stars and beyond, for so many people.
RIP Patrick Moore- a true legend

Pouleriscaig
09-Dec-12, 18:59
Don't suppose you have an MP3 of the interview you could upload? Would love to hear this.

Apologies all I have is a taped copy but thanks for asking.

Best Wishes.

M Swanson
09-Dec-12, 19:06
The passing of a well-respected, larger than life character, who will be missed. RIP Patrick.

Green_not_greed
09-Dec-12, 22:14
I absolutely loved him. Fantastic guy with his own view on everything and no politics going to sway him either way... A great loss to someone I've loved from my teens.

George Brims
10-Dec-12, 21:12
Apologies all I have is a taped copy but thanks for asking.
You could easily make that into an mp3.

therealducati
14-Dec-12, 00:54
I was very touched to hear that he asked for donations to be made to Cats Protection (in which i have more than a passing interest) in his memory. He was a real cat lover, and also donated the royalties from his last (cat related) book to CP as well. I hope his cat Ptolemy is being looked after!

Moira
14-Dec-12, 01:21
I was very touched to hear that he asked for donations to be made to Cats Protection (in which i have more than a passing interest) in his memory. He was a real cat lover, and also donated the royalties from his last (cat related) book to CP as well. I hope his cat Ptolemy is being looked after!

I'm glad to hear Sir Patrick was a lover of cats. I'm quite sure Ptolemy will be well looked after.