PDA

View Full Version : Snow

paris
21-Dec-06, 13:49
OMG have just looked on my local weather forcast and guess what...weve got snow forcast for today, tomorrow and the day after. Hope we do get some , would be great for christmas. jan x

young_fishin_neep
21-Dec-06, 13:51
i dont want the snow until after saturday as i have a along train journey down to east yorkshire and i hav to say i hated the last time i came home as i missed all my connections. snow for xmas would be nice though as the xmas is special as its my 2month old baby sisters first and i finaly get to meet her :D

kaz xx

Tymey
21-Dec-06, 14:00
I hate snow.

Through
21-Dec-06, 14:22
I hate snow.

It's quite nice with a bit of strawberry sauce.

What's wrong with snow Tymey?

I love it; it makes my garden look nice and neat and tidy. The only time that it ever does.

Geo
21-Dec-06, 15:33
I love the snow. Snowball fights and building snowmen!

burstbucker
21-Dec-06, 15:59
Where did you see this, rain is forecast for the next 3 days?

mums angels
21-Dec-06, 16:23
I love snow as long as I'm inside all nice and warm :Razz

Tymey
21-Dec-06, 16:23
What's wrong with snow Tymey?

Actually it's the cold I hate..........and slush. Yeuck.

garycs
21-Dec-06, 16:27
Can't see any chance of snow in the next week or so. The set-up is completely wrong, any precipitation bearing cloud will just increase temperatures too much for snow to be possible; and to be honest I wouldn't expect much in the way of rain either.

johno
21-Dec-06, 16:38
Can't see any chance of snow in the next week or so. The set-up is completely wrong, any precipitation bearing cloud will just increase temperatures too much for snow to be possible; and to be honest I wouldn't expect much in the way of rain either.

maybe so Gary but Paris is posting from lincolnshire :roll:

henry20
21-Dec-06, 16:43

Although she'd swap the snow in Lincolnshire for a home in Caithness anyday ;)

garycs
21-Dec-06, 16:50

Chance of snow in Caithness in next few days 0%, in Lincolnshire maybe twice that ;)

cuddlepop
21-Dec-06, 16:53
Its back to the rain and strong winds here:~(
Wish it would snow,bet Wish does too.This rain's depressing and never seems to be far away.
Remember the christmasof 96/97 it snowed just before christmas day and lay on the ground for ages.Poor inlaws were stuck up there hill so couldn't come for dinner,shame;)

Orger
21-Dec-06, 17:17
More Snow the merrier, i love it..!!

I hope we get some on Xmas day, it will be ace..!

paris
21-Dec-06, 17:39
Although she'd swap the snow in Lincolnshire for a home in Caithness anyday ;)
Oh henry20, how right you are . jan x

paris
21-Dec-06, 17:41
Where did you see this, rain is forecast for the next 3 days?
Hi burstbucker its on my homepage.....wanadoo, orange in the weather box . Just put in the post code and up it came .:D

Ricco
21-Dec-06, 17:51
I hate snow.

I love snow; I really miss it. Haven't seen decent snow since 1976, when I was at university. We got snowed in for three days. Spent one evening digging cars out of the ditches.:D

oldmarine
21-Dec-06, 21:22
I hate snow.

So do I hate the snow. That's one of the reasons I moved to sunny Arizona years ago. I love it here in warm Tucson (even if it does get quite hot during the summer). I remember the winter I spent in Thurso, although it was not as bad as some of the winters I spent in my home in Northern Indiana for so many years.

Naefearjustbeer
21-Dec-06, 22:17
Its been a long time since we have had a snowy winter in Caithness. We normaly get a couple of inches and the whole place grinds to a halt with cars sliding off the road left right and center. Then 2 days later it melts and the place is slushy muddy and dirty looking :~( . It would be good to get a proper winter for a change.

Bill Fernie
21-Dec-06, 22:24
You are right it does not usually last long in Caithness but we do get some pretty good falls from time to time. Remember earlier this year. See here - for a few pics of some years especially 2006 at the start http://www.caithness.org/atoz/weather/index.htm

cullbucket
22-Dec-06, 23:19
Well we had a wee bit snow over the last few days - will have a nice White Xmas....
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/pmowat/2006_1222Dec0054.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/pmowat/2006_1222Dec0056.jpg

paris
23-Dec-06, 10:19
Well i have to admit we haven't had so much of a flutter of snow so someones got it wrong and i was looking forward to it ! jan x
P.S cullbucket, i really envy you !!! Happy Christmas x

Through
23-Dec-06, 12:24
You could just move to Alaska Jan.

Whitewater
23-Dec-06, 16:47
I don't think we will be having a white Christmas, too warm at the moment and the forcast is not showing anything for the near future. I liked the snow in my young days, generally I find it a nuisance now, but I must admit that I still have the time of my life when I go sledging with my grandsons. (their parents know that I'm the only one in the family crazy enough to do it, and the children love it when I crash)

paris
23-Dec-06, 18:43
You could just move to Alaska Jan.
No.. id much rather move to caithness snow or not ! . jan x;)