PDA

View Full Version : Resurrections

ducati
08-Dec-12, 11:14
Is it me or are there an awful lot of resurrected banned posters and sock puppets about recently? :eek:

Flynn
08-Dec-12, 11:47
What's a 'sock puppet'? :confused

Alrock
08-Dec-12, 16:06

This....
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4853/2928347l.jpg

changilass
08-Dec-12, 16:07
Easy answer is to report them, unless of course you like them, in which case you are hardly likely to bother lol

secrets in symmetry
08-Dec-12, 18:29
Is it me or are there an awful lot of resurrected banned posters and sock puppets about recently? :eek:See my signature for my enlightened contribution to all this. :cool:

squidge
08-Dec-12, 22:18
All talking to themselves lol

secrets in symmetry
08-Dec-12, 22:52
I forgot to welcome Retread back to the forum. :cool:

Rheghead
08-Dec-12, 23:01
I forgot to welcome Retread back to the forum. :cool:

Welcome back to the forum, I felt that you had never really left. You were with us in spirit!!

secrets in symmetry
08-Dec-12, 23:03
Thanks Rheghead. In this case, the spirit was a number of glasses of Ardbeg late last night. I can still taste it!

Dadie
08-Dec-12, 23:27
Darn it ....
never noticed the banned coming back...must be the season of goodwill etc...
But the only resurrection we have seen in the last few years was the hamster that was supposed to be dead....left on the heater(by a child) in a sanitary product box(only box small enough going without buying a special box) ...that was only hibernating....felt a bit guilty that he was going to be buried ...

squidge
09-Dec-12, 10:19
That made me laugh Dadie!!!!!

porshiepoo
09-Dec-12, 21:27
Darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought someone had actually dared to open a thread on a topic which would no doubt cause open debate, honest opinion and follow up with some tellings off and warnings about unsuitable topics. ;)

RecQuery
10-Dec-12, 11:47

It's an IT/internet/technology term, similar to astroturfing. It's means that a person or group will create multiple accounts and identities to create the illusion of discussion while pushing an agenda or to make it seem like more people hold an opinion than actually do. It's can also be used when someone wants to maintain one clean account for legitimate stuff and another account for more risqué or insulting stuff.