PDA

View Full Version : Dogs being banned from Greens/play areas

demac-artist
07-Dec-12, 11:05
From John O'Groats
DOGS could be banned from school grounds, play parks and football pitches if a Highland Council worker gets her way. Assistanct community works officer Anne Begg, who is responsible for dog control in Caithness, is pushing for more powers that could see man’s best friend excluded from child-friendly spots throughout the county. The bid for increased powers to dog wardens, comes as Ms Begg tries to persuaded owners to clean up their act and reduce risk from dog mess, a menace that has long plagued local towns and villages.

I am all up for cleaning up after my dog but where I am I supposed to give my dog a good run with a ball to stretch his legs. i take him to Bignold park with this would be classed under so where so I take him? Take him to the river where he would be a danger to the birds as he chases the birds as would kill them, the safest place all round is the field then a walk on the paths but he needs free play time not in the back garden as a responsible owner to run he is a border collie and needs to run full tilt, as most big dogs do, if Anne Begg can find me a suitable solution then I am happy to go there without endangering wildlife, farmers stock, and suitable size area. If you enclosed the upper part of the bignold Park specifically for dogs then that may help with some of the issues and also create one on the Wick side of suitable size.

Whats your opinions?Deanne

changilass
07-Dec-12, 11:35
Take the dowg down the beach, loads of space to run, just remember your doggy bags.

To be fair, had folks cleaned up after their dogs in the first place, then this would not even be being considered.

A case of you get what you deserve.

demac-artist
07-Dec-12, 19:34
I have no transport and am disabled so do the best with what I have and do the best for my dog so the beach is out unfortunately

sids
07-Dec-12, 21:09
When are they going to start taking their dogs' urine home with them?

Sandra_B
08-Dec-12, 16:10
Dogs should not be in play areas at all.

Alrock
08-Dec-12, 16:22
Dogs should not be in play areas at all.

Somebody's gotta use the play areas, not too many children do these days (at least compared to "when I we're a lad"), more than likely they'll be at home playing their games consoles or even if they do want to go out & play their parents won't let them out because they are paranoid that the children will be kidnapped & sold into slavery.

Maybe this is a ploy to make sure that they never get used so as to give the council an excuse to sell them off.

changilass
08-Dec-12, 16:25
Not sure why a dog would need to be in a school or a play park, unless its a guide dog.

To be honest, same with football pitches. No one wants to fall on something nasty or risk being bitten.

If you really can't get to somewhere suitable then it may be worth advertising to see if someone would be willing to take your dog for long runs, leaving yourself to do the shorter ones that would not require the dog being off the lead.

Sandra_B
08-Dec-12, 17:22
Somebody's gotta use the play areas, not too many children do these days (at least compared to "when I we're a lad"), more than likely they'll be at home playing their games consoles or even if they do want to go out & play their parents won't let them out because they are paranoid that the children will be kidnapped & sold into slavery.

Maybe this is a ploy to make sure that they never get used so as to give the council an excuse to sell them off.

Maybe their parents don't let them go because they're sick of the kids coming home with their shoes covered in dog dirt?