PDA

View Full Version : Dyson servicing

mi16
06-Dec-12, 21:45
Has anyone been cold called recently by a firm offering to service your dyson at your own home for £15?

LMS
06-Dec-12, 22:16
I've had about five phonecalls over the last week from them.

moshmosh
06-Dec-12, 22:49
This is a scam that was on rogue traders. They sell, sell, sell, sell, sell once they're in.

mi16
06-Dec-12, 23:02
CorrectTell them to do one

porshiepoo
07-Dec-12, 13:34
I often have my Dyson serviced but Dyson pay to pick it up and then ship it back to me when it's done. Cost about £50 last time which included any repairs that were needed other than motor repairs. Because we live up here Dyson prefer to pick it up.
If anyone rings me about a repair I'll tell em to naff off, definitely dodgy sounding.

Flynn
07-Dec-12, 13:47
Dysons are such a con. They break easily, so easily they require a network of mobile repairmen, they're overpriced, and they're not made in the UK (Mr Dyson switched manufacturing abroad to Malaysia to save money and sacked his British workforce). I've had two Dysons, they were both useless. I now have a Numatic Henry which has never gone wrong, is miles cheaper than a Dyson, and is made in Britain by a British company.

Night Owl
08-Dec-12, 01:27
Had my Dyson lying in bits, trying to get round to ordering a new motor. Got the "cold call" which unusually was very helpful. Had the half price service offered at £15. New motor installed at a cost of £45, which was cheaper than any I found online. Can say that (at the moment) I am very pleased with the service provided.

porshiepoo
08-Dec-12, 10:26
Dysons are such a con. They break easily, so easily they require a network of mobile repairmen, they're overpriced, and they're not made in the UK (Mr Dyson switched manufacturing abroad to Malaysia to save money and sacked his British workforce). I've had two Dysons, they were both useless. I now have a Numatic Henry which has never gone wrong, is miles cheaper than a Dyson, and is made in Britain by a British company.

I've only ever had good experiences with Dysons and that's after trying many other hoovers including Vax, Filter Queen, Henry and a bunch of other brands.
I will only ever buy a Dyson now, each one has lasted me years, never gone wrong other than a split hose and the service is brilliant cos it's picked up from the door and dropped off to me at Dysons expense.
I did like the George for carpet cleaning though :D though even that has been taken over by my Bissell :D

telfordstar
08-Dec-12, 17:45
I used to go through hoovers like hot dinners until I got abeyance. mines has been going strong for 4 years. I Hoover at least twice a day every day as well.

Flynn
09-Dec-12, 00:28
...each one has lasted me years...

That tells me all I need to know about Dysons. My Henry, singular, is 16 years old and still going strong.

porshiepoo
09-Dec-12, 21:32
That tells me all I need to know about Dysons. My Henry, singular, is 16 years old and still going strong.

Ah yes but when I talk of my "Dysons" plural this is only because I have chosen to upgrade a model e.g to animal and then to Rollerball. I still have the ones I upgraded from and use these in my Greenhouse and shed, and yes, they're still going strong ;)

Dialyser
09-Dec-12, 22:07
Likewise we have gone through multiple hoovers of various brands, which have always broken just after warranty has run out. We then got a Dyson which had the benefit of a 5 year warranty. It broke down once within this time, Dyson picked it up from my day and returned it in 72 hours. There have been no problems with it since.

I accept that people can have different experiences and from these we all form our own opinions, but for me Dyson are one of the best brands around.