PDA

View Full Version : Siberian Husky to caring, knowledgeable home!

unbridled
06-Dec-12, 11:52
With much regret, I have decided to re-home my 6 year old Siberian Husky bitch, Spruce.
Beautiful, blue eyed, but comes with baggage! Spruce needs a very special home.

Spruce was bred by us and went off to her new home as a puppy, but due to her owners marriage break-up, she was returned to us about 18 months later. Obviously we don't know what happened to her during the time she was away, but she is now very nervous of strangers - not aggresive, but she hides! She has been a kennel dog whilst she's been here, living with an older neutered male and has been quite happy that way, but her partner has recently died, leaving her on her own. We have other huskies, but we cannot put her in with our other girls as they are in an established pack, and this will just cause fights and the only other male dog we have is an old guy, who is happily settled with Spruces mum and it would be unfair to split them up too!
We've decided the best thing for her would be to find a new home - either as an only dog, provided she has human company all day, or a home where she can live with one other male dog - ideally neutered, as she is not. She doesn't get on that well with other bitches.

She needs an owner that can give her time to settle in and build her confidence. Once you are her friend, and she trusts you, she is brilliant and will love you forever, but she needs to be the one to come to you to start with.... She has been a kennel dog for the last few years and is quite happy being kept this way. although I'm sure she would adapt to being a house dog, she is not house trained at the moment. Like all huskies, she is an escape artist with strong hunting instincts - your garden/kennel will need high fences an she must be kept on the lead at all times. She is not suitable for a home with cats! Huskies are very much pack orientated and she needs company - either canine or human. It would not be suitable for her to be left alone all day whilst someone is at work. She comes from great working/racing stock and is very fast! Her parents were both part of my sled-dog racing teams and competed all over the UK.

If you think you can offer her a good home for life, please get in touch - just bear in mind that she needs a special person to understand her special needs.....

rich62_uk
06-Dec-12, 21:08
You sound like a great owner and wish I could offer her a home however its not possible we do not fit her needs :(.

dancingtaz13
09-Dec-12, 00:25
Hey, have pm'd you unbridled.

unbridled
28-Dec-12, 19:29
just bumping this up again!