PDA

View Full Version : Time to leave NATO?

whitechina
05-Dec-12, 22:00
It seems to me that in recent years NATO has just allowed itself to become the stick with which the US government hits all the countries it takes a dislike to.
It's disturbing that the US and other Nato governments are actively supporting terrorist groups in Syria simply to effect the downfall of Assad.
Now I know the Assad regime is far from white as snow but if Assad falls then in my opinion it should be at the hand of his countrymen without outside interference.
I feel that what is likely to come if Assad falls will be more trouble to us than Assad himself i.e an Islamic state hostile to the West that will very possibly sponsor and train terror groups to attack us.
The "war on terror" is a result of our interference in the affairs of other nations.

Personally I think we should leave NATO (and the EU) and attend to our own affairs and defence.

Opinions?

ducati
05-Dec-12, 23:06
Really? You are bonkers. (you did ask)

golach
05-Dec-12, 23:19
I am for staying with NATO

joxville
05-Dec-12, 23:36
And I thought I posted crap on this forum!

weezer 316
05-Dec-12, 23:42
Is this a wind up? Either have your principles and stick to them or dont. Of all the mad conflicts the US has gotten into or caused, the one I wish they would get into is Syria. Assed is a nasty piece of work whos shockingly sexy British wife was sending harrods shopping lists out while children were literally being tortured to death. That needs to be deal with in my view.

joxville
06-Dec-12, 00:00
Is this a wind up? Either have your principles and stick to them or dont. Of all the mad conflicts the US has gotten into or caused, the one I wish they would get into is Syria. Assed is a nasty piece of work whos shockingly sexy British wife was sending harrods shopping lists out while children were literally being tortured to death. That needs to be deal with in my view.I agree. She should be made to look like all the other Syrian women by putting on weight and growing a moustache.

Moira
06-Dec-12, 00:23
It seems to me that in recent years NATO has just allowed itself to become the stick with which the US government hits all the countries it takes a dislike to.
It's disturbing that the US and other Nato governments are actively supporting terrorist groups in Syria simply to effect the downfall of Assad.
Now I know the Assad regime is far from white as snow but if Assad falls then in my opinion it should be at the hand of his countrymen without outside interference.
I feel that what is likely to come if Assad falls will be more trouble to us than Assad himself i.e an Islamic state hostile to the West that will very possibly sponsor and train terror groups to attack us.
The "war on terror" is a result of our interference in the affairs of other nations.

Personally I think we should leave NATO (and the EU) and attend to our own affairs and defence.

Opinions?

Given your posting history you do not deserve any replies.

The fact you got some is a measure of the good manners of some of our posters.

My good manners prevent me from answering in a meaningful way.

bcsman
06-Dec-12, 08:26
We should stay with NATO but Britain should not get involved with the conflict in Syria,its a civil war and atrocities are being committed by all sides.

outsidethebox
06-Dec-12, 10:08
We should stay with NATO but Britain should not get involved with the conflict in Syria,its a civil war and atrocities are being committed by all sides.

How can we stay in NATO and not get involved?

A NATO member has asked for assistance to defend it's borders, and as such NATO has a duty to respond, therefore we must be involved.

Withdrawal from NATO is not an option.

oldmarine
07-Dec-12, 05:00
White China: You received many answers - all in the non-affirmative. Are you, as your name implies, a supportive of China (Communist- type?)

bcsman
07-Dec-12, 06:55
I was responding to the OP,im not in debate with you

How can we stay in NATO and not get involved?

A NATO member has asked for assistance to defend it's borders, and as such NATO has a duty to respond, therefore we must be involved.

Withdrawal from NATO is not an option.

whitechina
07-Dec-12, 18:13
White China: You received many answers - all in the non-affirmative. Are you, as your name implies, a supportive of China (Communist- type?)

"White China" is a song title,nothing more.It does not imply any political leanings.

whitechina
07-Dec-12, 18:19
Is this a wind up? Either have your principles and stick to them or dont. Of all the mad conflicts the US has gotten into or caused, the one I wish they would get into is Syria. Assed is a nasty piece of work whos shockingly sexy British wife was sending harrods shopping lists out while children were literally being tortured to death. That needs to be deal with in my view.

I simply aired my opinion on a subject and asked a question.That's all.I agree that the Assad regime is not a good one (as I did point out in my post) but I would still maintain that we should not participate in any military action there.
In relation to children being killed could you please post a link(s) to any news articles in relation to this.I'd be interested to read any that may exist.

whitechina
07-Dec-12, 18:22
Given your posting history you do not deserve any replies.

The fact you got some is a measure of the good manners of some of our posters.

My good manners prevent me from answering in a meaningful way.

What does anyone's posting history have to do with anything? At least Golach and bcsman gave a (non-abusive) reply.

whitechina
07-Dec-12, 18:30
Really? You are bonkers. (you did ask)

Not at all.I'm just interested in what's going on around the world.End of.

billmoseley
08-Dec-12, 18:04
NATO is great and has help keep the peace for many years. i agree it seems to have lost it's way a little lately. firstly they should work closer with the russians. 2nd they should finish what they started in Afganistan not pull out with the job half done. leave now and i think we will have a whole lot more problems there. 3rd i think more countries should put troops on the front line not just us and the Americans. But get out of NATO never.