PDA

View Full Version : Spam in the org!

Tugmistress
04-Dec-12, 08:47
Well in a couple of minutes i have counted at least 5 threads that have either been started by spammers or have a spammers post in them, what's happened to the checking of the joining up process?

ducati
04-Dec-12, 08:49
I thought you liked shoes? :lol:

Tugmistress
04-Dec-12, 09:08
lol nope! i possess riggers, sandals, trainers and smuks :)

Flynn
04-Dec-12, 09:53
I like Spam. Lovely with a bit of pickle or fried up with mash and beans.

joxville
04-Dec-12, 10:04
I did a quick search on the web and have found the exact same advert for Kitchen Units Westminster on three other forums. Sadly, there will always be someone thinking they're getting a bargain and will end up losing their money.

Oddquine
04-Dec-12, 15:20
Well in a couple of minutes i have counted at least 5 threads that have either been started by spammers or have a spammers post in them, what's happened to the checking of the joining up process?

Maybe that's just five that got missed? I should think this place gets a lot more spam than my wee forum..and unless someone is online at least once a day to deal with them, you can rack up dozens, if not hundreds, all to be checked..and some folk who run forums have lives in the real world as well! My worst day of rank boredom was when I had been away, and I had to check out 700+ of them when I got back.

A confession... I nicked the spam list from here to add to mine.....but still they keep coming. I think there is somewhere out there in the ether breeding websites and email addresses for spammers. [evil]

Niall Fernie
04-Dec-12, 15:43
Don't suppose anyone reported these posts?

pat
04-Dec-12, 15:49
yes but you only allow one post every 60secs!

laguna2
04-Dec-12, 15:52

I reported before 0900 this morning!

golach
04-Dec-12, 15:56
I reported before 0900 this morning!

I did too this morning

Oddquine
04-Dec-12, 22:59
Jesus wept.....do you punters really think that Niall has nothing better to do with his life than be hovering on this forum 24/sodding 7 on the offchance that someone might just report something?

How much do you pay him to be your forum slave, out of interest? I could see you might have a sense of entitlement to have the whole place run solely to suit youse if you were paying for membership....but I ain't, so I suspect none of you are either.

This is a forum you can use for nowt....it doesn't ask for donations or membership payments, as some do...and, tbh, I've never bought into the idea that the members are more important than the fact that somebody, other than forum members, is paying to keep Caithness.org online for the benefit of Caithness and the forum members. I don't do the members are the forum, as some in other places tend to insist (it appears to be a mainly American mindset)......because the forum exists, not because of the members, but on the offchance of people wanting to join and participate at no cost to themselves..

shazzap
04-Dec-12, 23:16

Yes i reported this morning.

joxville
05-Dec-12, 00:51
Jesus wept.....do you punters really think that Niall has nothing better to do with his life than be hovering on this forum 24/sodding 7 on the offchance that someone might just report something?

How much do you pay him to be your forum slave, out of interest? I could see you might have a sense of entitlement to have the whole place run solely to suit youse if you were paying for membership....but I ain't, so I suspect none of you are either.

This is a forum you can use for nowt....it doesn't ask for donations or membership payments, as some do...and, tbh, I've never bought into the idea that the members are more important than the fact that somebody, other than forum members, is paying to keep Caithness.org online for the benefit of Caithness and the forum members. I don't do the members are the forum, as some in other places tend to insist (it appears to be a mainly American mindset)......because the forum exists, not because of the members, but on the offchance of people wanting to join and participate at no cost to themselves..

Niall asked a simple question to which a couple of people responded, though I didn't get the impression from those replies that they expected Niall to deal with the reports immediately. You obviously read more into them than I did, hence your unjustified rant.

Yer an Oddquine right enough :confused

ducati
05-Dec-12, 08:47
Niall asked a simple question to which a couple of people responded, though I didn't get the impression from those replies that they expected Niall to deal with the reports immediately. You obviously read more into them than I did, hence your unjustified rant.

Yer an Oddquine right enough :confused

I object in the strongest possible terms to er.....everything! In my opinion (the only one that matters (to me), unjustified rants are completely justified! :mad:

laguna2
05-Dec-12, 09:47

:eek: Don't really know why we have this rant! Niall asked a question, it was answered - simples!

However, if it made you feel better ... rant on Oddquine! :roll: