PDA

View Full Version : Help if anyone can

William
07-Feb-05, 12:16
i have this guy in america who is going to send me six boxes of lucky charms (that great cereal that they discontinued) in exchange for a 6 pack of Victoria Bitter
beer and i don't drink,

so i was wondering if any one knew if they even sell it here?

all information recived would be brilliant
Thank you, William

George Brims
07-Feb-05, 18:53
VB is an Australian beer. I know they definitely don't sell it in the States, but I have no idea if it's available in the UK. If you go to the Brewer's web site at http://www.fosters.com.au/corporate/brands/beer/vic_bitter.asp
they might be able to tell you.

Tugmistress
07-Feb-05, 19:14
google is your friend :D

http://www.ozbeers.co.uk/vb.html

William
07-Feb-05, 23:04
thank you people much appreciated, but i have come across another little problem

Dose anyone know if it will be ok to send it to america if i can actually get it.

Kenn
08-Feb-05, 00:41
Hi there..VB (Victoria Bitter) is available in the UK..the importers are Pierhead Purchasing of Kent and comes in 440ml cans.
With regard to sending it to The USA I would advise that you check very carefully as I understand that it would contravene their import laws as regards food and drink for personal consumption.I can also advise that it would be an extremely expensive operation.
I know that the standard mail services would not carry it for you so it would have to be air couriered.
HM Customs should be able to advise you on this matter and I think they have a link to the US Customs which lists what can and cannot be imported without a special licence.
Hope that is of help to you.

P.S. will check out the addie for VB in Tasmania and forward in due course.

CHEERS

Kenn
08-Feb-05, 00:48
Whoops..just checked VB now with

http://www.beerparadise.ltd.uk/austra.htm

Well we all have "Senior Moments" at times :p

George Brims
08-Feb-05, 01:07
You will just have to take a trip over to the USA in order to take your friend the beer! A six-pack would be within your duty free allowance coming into the USA. Otherwise I would point out to him that despite its bad reputation for beer, the USA does have some decent brews, and VB isn't that great anyway. You can even buy Scottish beer here if you're willing to pay through the nose. I saw Traquair House ale for $11 a bottle just before Christmas!

08-Feb-05, 10:57
Aye George I can see that you're needing to come home to Caithness and sample "local" brews such as Raven Ale, Skullsplitter and the stuff from the Black Isle Brewery. Orkney even has a wine producing compnay now, and very good it is too, so other imbibers tell me.

squeezy
09-Feb-05, 15:39
You can buy Lucky Charms over the internet at cybercandy.co.uk. They are quite expensive at £5 a box though, but probably much easier in the long run than dodging US Customs!

squeezy

mareng
09-Feb-05, 20:28
Victoria Bitter is available from Majestic Wine as follows:

"Victoria Beer 24 x 375ml BottlesThe famous Aussie "bitter" is actually a refreshing, full-flavoured lager, now available in bottles. Only available when you purchase 12 or more bottles of wines and spirits." (£22.80) Hic!

Branches in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Hadn't realised that Majestic don't appear to sell beer on its own now.