PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Vandalism!

Jo.b
19-Dec-06, 22:56
Just got back from my daughters nativity play at the school, 8pm! to find our out door christmas lights half hanging off our shop!! Also our arial has clearly been tampered with!! ahhhh...i'm sooooo p**sed off! What a bummer to a real festive spirited night, WHO does this kind of thing? and WHY?
I've just spent the last hour moaning at the police, who were very helpful and now i have to re-hanging the lights and checking out if the arial is still working on my day off!!!! What the hell is going on in Castletown, especially when there is a youth club open in the village for the kids to hang about in.....how much of it is boredom and how much is just plain right mischief?????[mad]

highlander
19-Dec-06, 23:29
Hope they get caught, but they also know its just a slap across the hand they get if they are caught, i hate reading in papers about peoples houses getting broke into and thier christmas presents stolen.

danc1ngwitch
20-Dec-06, 08:51
I am sorry to hear that... My girl is 14 and she hardly ever goes out in castletown any more, lots more goes on behind the backs of parents me included...No im not suggesting that its kids that done this, some parents even when you make them aware that the child was involved in something does not take it on board...
Anyway the play was real good yes... i went to the daytime as i had the two younger ones... children are wonderful they can make you proud, laugh, cry great people are kids...

airdlass
20-Dec-06, 09:03
The powers that be here decided not to put up a christmas tree this year because last year the lights on it were vandalised on the first night it was up.

paris
20-Dec-06, 10:29
Some people just dont care about others do they. Hope it didnt spoil your day of to much . jan x

Jo.b
20-Dec-06, 11:44
Thanks for your replies its all sorted now, it'll be quiet tonight over at school so they'll probably be over there breaking something instead.

calish6
20-Dec-06, 12:06
Just a pity you couldn't go round to these peoples houses and Smash up their Playstations and TVs as a punishment for their mindless acts of vandalism.
It just really gets on my goat when I hear about these things.

Cut orf ther 'ands I say !!!!!

badger
20-Dec-06, 12:15
Yes, I'm afraid I agree although not as far as cutting off hands. Definitely would give them a taste of their own medicine although I rather fear that even if it was done to them, these sort of people simply don't care how much they upset other people. All very sad, especially when you think of those innocent little ones doing their play and wonder which of them will turn out to be vandals later. Have a very happy Christmas.

plumber
20-Dec-06, 16:32
Sorry to hear about your lights, its heart breaking when things like that happen. Hope your feeling a bit more cheerie today

maidencaithness
20-Dec-06, 21:59
As Rowan Atikinson famously said on Not The Nine O'Clock News "the one course of action the authorities must take is to cut off their goolies" and never a truer word has been spoken.

Orger
21-Dec-06, 17:37
As Rowan Atikinson famously said on Not The Nine O'Clock News "the one course of action the authorities must take is to cut off their goolies" and never a truer word has been spoken.

Thats very very True

oldmarine
21-Dec-06, 21:28
Just got back from my daughters nativity play at the school, 8pm! to find our out door christmas lights half hanging off our shop!! Also our arial has clearly been tampered with!! ahhhh...i'm sooooo p**sed off! What a bummer to a real festive spirited night, WHO does this kind of thing? and WHY?
I've just spent the last hour moaning at the police, who were very helpful and now i have to re-hanging the lights and checking out if the arial is still working on my day off!!!! What the hell is going on in Castletown, especially when there is a youth club open in the village for the kids to hang about in.....how much of it is boredom and how much is just plain right mischief?????[mad]

That is sad news. Must have been one sick person(s). I remember Castletown as being a pleasant place many years ago when I was there. Sure hope they find the guilty one(s) and discourage them from a repeat of this nonsence.

Naefearjustbeer
21-Dec-06, 22:11
I drove through castletown a few weeks ago on a Friday evening and was quite shocked by the large groups of teenagers roaming the streets and clambering around in folks gardens and generally up too no good, one little idiot decided to run out in front of my car and whilst another booted a football at the car I was not impressed at all. Worse than any congregation of kids I have ever seen in Thurso.

MR J
22-Dec-06, 08:06

That`s assuming they are equipped with same. There are some bad girls out there too!![mad]

danc1ngwitch
22-Dec-06, 09:27
I drove through castletown a few weeks ago on a Friday evening and was quite shocked by the large groups of teenagers roaming the streets and clambering around in folks gardens and generally up too no good, one little idiot decided to run out in front of my car and whilst another booted a football at the car I was not impressed at all. Worse than any congregation of kids I have ever seen in Thurso.

yes this is true but they all friendly kids ( hmmm ) they are kids doing kids stuffs... swipes brow my lot are never amongst them thank fully... my girl normally goes to town with her friend and my boyz they prefer the quieter company lol