PDA

View Full Version : Dunnet Forest - Xmas sales of firewood and trees

dunnetforest
30-Nov-12, 15:38
Dunnet Forest is holding two firewood sales this month; the first one is tomorrow Saturday 1st Dec ( tthis is the usual sale held on the first saturday of each month) and the next one is an extra Christmas firewood sale and will be held on Saturday the 15th December. The usual times of 10am to 1pm for both at the industrial gate, north(Dunnet) end of the forest.

2m lengths, rings, splits, bags of splits, kindling, woodchip and sawdust all available.

The forest is also having a sale of cut Christmas trees on Sunday the 9th December, 12 noon to 3pm, Sitka and Lodgepole available at only £2.50 per foot.

For more information visit www.dunnetforest.org (http://www.dunnetforest.org)

All proceeds from all the sales held throughout the year, firewood, tree sales, Xmas trees, bring and buy etc are put towards the cost of maintaining the forest for the community.

Please support your community forest

spaceddaisy
01-Dec-12, 19:28
Having never had a real Xmas tree before I wondered if anyone could give me advice. Are trees wrapped in netting, otherwise I doubt I'd be able to transport. Does anyone know where I might be able to grab a stand for a tree locally (and fairly cheaply)? Will definitely be out to Dunnet next weekend.

dunnetforest
02-Dec-12, 18:42
Hi Spaceddaisy,
unfortunately our trees are not wrapped in netting- the forest doesn't have the spare cash needed to buy the equipment that can do this but please support us and still come out and buy a tree , help will be available to load the tree onto/in your car !!

gollach
02-Dec-12, 19:19
I won't buy prewrapped trees after getting a shoddy one once that looked nothing like the trees on display. Any decent seller should let you see the tree out of the net before you buy it. Some also sell bases for a few quid extra.

If you do buy one, don't use your hoover to pick up the needles.

spaceddaisy
17-Dec-12, 23:38
Thanks for advice, got myself a nice lodgepole pine from Dunnet forest. Absolutely delighted with it.