PDA

View Full Version : the hogsfather

brandy
19-Dec-06, 14:59
ok i know this will sound really silly and sappy..
but you know with all the christmas programs on.. all the lights glitter and glam of christmas..
nothing has gotten me into the christmas spirit as much as watching this movie
*grins*
guess i need professional help.. but, in a very strange twisted way.. it has really really brought out the christmas spirit in me!
did anyone else watch it?

Through
19-Dec-06, 15:03
Is that the Terry Pratchet thingy Brandy? I've not seen it, but I read the book. It's funny, but I tried to read his books before and always gave up because they were just too stupid, even for me. However, Hogfather was just so funny. Not sure I could face watching some of the actual events that were described in the book though.

brandy
19-Dec-06, 15:07
yup thats the one.. it was on a two parter.. on sky.. was really good.. very strange.. disturbing.. but wow.. ive never read any of the discworld books but may have to give them a whirl now.

changilass
19-Dec-06, 15:58
Brandy the books are well worth it, I have read every one and eagerly awiat his next (just a shame he can't write as fast as I read).

The first one I ever read was Death, I was in stitches reading it and had to rush out and buy the others. He also does kids books, I have read all of these as well :lol:

lelebo
19-Dec-06, 17:26
I read a lot of Terry Pratchett's books years ago and liked them - I was really excited about Hogfather but I was soooo disappointed - I couldn't even watch it all last night :(