PDA

View Full Version : Wee eck's golf trip

Green_not_greed
29-Nov-12, 13:58
I see from the press that the man who would be king spent nearly half a million pounds of taxpayers money on his golf trip to the US. I know golf's expensive, but I'm sure he could have managed this more cost effectively. Money well spent or total abuse of his position? Again. Or perhaps he couldn't do the sums. Again.

This plonker and his "Himdependence" agenda need to go.

golach
29-Nov-12, 14:14
Scandalous!! What a price for his jaunt, how can that man justify this amount of money. Is he trying to Bankrupt the country before his neverendrum?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/politics/political-news/anger-at-470000-for-ryder-cup-visit.19543534?_=7aeed2e80f473370df40802ca57db2a54 0612fb0

ducati
29-Nov-12, 17:50
Is he still here? I thought he was resigning.

Kenn
30-Nov-12, 01:41
That's it I'M no paying any more taxes!

fred
30-Nov-12, 01:54
I see from the press that the man who would be king spent nearly half a million pounds of taxpayers money on his golf trip to the US. I know golf's expensive, but I'm sure he could have managed this more cost effectively. Money well spent or total abuse of his position? Again. Or perhaps he couldn't do the sums. Again.

If it were a on way ticket it would be worth every penny.

Oddquine
30-Nov-12, 03:54

It wasn't a golf trip! Sheesh! And he was part of a delegation doing other things apart from , it wasn't just him............whatever the BBC Scotlabour reported! :roll:

Didn't the Welsh Government spent as much as that promoting the 2010 Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor? :Razz

RecQuery
30-Nov-12, 09:15
It wasn't a golf trip! Sheesh! And he was part of a delegation doing other things apart from , it wasn't just him............whatever the BBC Scotlabour reported! :roll:

Didn't the Welsh Government spent as much as that promoting the 2010 Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor? :Razz

Dude, it's not worth your time replying to these sort of things any more. I've just given up and instead prefer to scoff and laugh and their absurdity and dogma.

Rheghead
30-Nov-12, 09:52

If David Cameron goes on a golfing trip then the cost is shared out amongst 60,000,000+, if Salmond goes on a golfing trip then the cost is 12 times as expensive to the Scottish people.

fred
30-Nov-12, 10:43
His suitcases were probably still packed from his five day trip to Qatar (http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2011/10/31085810) where he opened offices of law firm McGrigors who coincidentally just won a £20 million contract from the Scottish government. The Scottish government are refusing to release details of the deal or other tenders under the freedom of information act claiming it would be too expensive. They can afford half a million for a golf lesson, they can't afford to release what ought to be public information regarding how our money is spent.

golach
30-Nov-12, 10:51
It was not just the BBC that reoprted this travesty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/9709606/Alex-Salmond-spent-468580-on-Ryder-Cup-visit.html

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/politics/political-news/anger-at-470000-for-ryder-cup-visit.19543534

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/3029285/

weezer 316
30-Nov-12, 11:15
Dude, it's not worth your time replying to these sort of things any more. I've just given up and instead prefer to scoff and laugh and their absurdity and dogma.

Please. Its an absurd amount of money for what was essentially a visit for one thing, to mark the handover as hosts of the ryder cup. I seen it happen live and I was impressed he made the effort. I'm now raging I know how much it cost. You and oddball there would slag Cameron, or indeed Blair, if he had spent cash like that for a ceremony to mark its hosting at the belfry woudlnt you? It would be a case of England this and that.......

Hypocrites the pair of you.

RecQuery
30-Nov-12, 12:13
Please. Its an absurd amount of money for what was essentially a visit for one thing, to mark the handover as hosts of the ryder cup. I seen it happen live and I was impressed he made the effort. I'm now raging I know how much it cost. You and oddball there would slag Cameron, or indeed Blair, if he had spent cash like that for a ceremony to mark its hosting at the belfry woudlnt you? It would be a case of England this and that...

Hypocrites the pair of you.

I'm just replying to this because I've been accused of something. I would not attack Cameron or Blair for such a thing, now if it were someone unelected like Prince Andrew then that's a different situation. These are perfect stories for some people to get all righteously indignant about, just not me.

My main problem with anything in politics is hypocrisy, if you actually completely support a position and apply that across the board. Then I may disagree with you and try to convince you otherwise but I won't get angry about it. If, on the otherhand you're the sort who says that you a support a position but only apply it to other people but not yourself, family, friends and interests well that's another matter.

weezer 316
30-Nov-12, 13:27
I'm just replying to this because I've been accused of something. I would not attack Cameron or Blair for such a thing, now if it were someone unelected like Prince Andrew then that's a different situation. These are perfect stories for some people to get all righteously indignant about, just not me.

My main problem with anything in politics is hypocrisy, if you actually completely support a position and apply that across the board. Then I may disagree with you and try to convince you otherwise but I won't get angry about it. If, on the otherhand you're the sort who says that you a support a position but only apply it to other people but not yourself, family, friends and interests well that's another matter.

Jesus lad, can you explain why its ok for an elected official to waste money then, but not an uneleceted one? Your creating an alterntive universe there so you dont have to slag Salmond. The issue is not whether they were elected or not, but rather was this money well spent or wasted. Evidently it was wasted, im certain you agree, but instead try to change the measure of criticism to aviod slagging Salmond. Oddaqine does the same religiously.

fred
30-Nov-12, 13:52
Jesus lad, can you explain why its ok for an elected official to waste money then, but not an uneleceted one? Your creating an alterntive universe there so you dont have to slag Salmond. The issue is not whether they were elected or not, but rather was this money well spent or wasted. Evidently it was wasted, im certain you agree, but instead try to change the measure of criticism to aviod slagging Salmond. Oddaqine does the same religiously.

It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't decided to dress up like Coco the Clown, I mean more blubber than a beached whale crammed into tartan trousers doesn't do Scotland's image in the world any favours. David Cameron doesn't go off to official functions dressed as a Morris Dancer.

Green_not_greed
30-Nov-12, 17:41
Well said Fred!

He reminded me more of this than Coco the Clown. And is that a golf flag behind him ?